MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/24/2012 03:40 PM

Colorado

bug50
bug50  

I know many of you live in Colorado and my sister and her family also live there. The fires are out of control.

I hope everyone that lives in the state are safe from the fires.

Julie

06/24/2012 04:28 PM
Courious

Thanks bug.

The smoke was making us pretty ill for a few weeks.

We are okay, but have friends that live close.

It is all the dead pines feeding them right now.

sigh

06/24/2012 07:13 PM
jda815
jda815  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I have friends there and so far they are safe. They evacuated Garden of the Gods.

06/25/2012 06:27 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Thanks Julz...

Fortunately we are far from them...however...with it being SO dry here on the Western Slope and these relentless temps...my dad was just talking about how were may have a very bad fire season here...

One of the biggest problems is the Lodge Pole Pines...they are infested with beetles...and have decimated so much of the trees...so much so that they have infested other pine species...especially in heavy hit areas...Like up in Grand county where we used to live and my hubby logged...

Its a shame...

06/25/2012 04:48 PM
bug50
bug50  

My sister just told me they Shut down the garden of the Gods. I loved that place when I went and saw her...I am hoping to go out there at the end of of the year...WE will meet then...Smile

06/25/2012 10:22 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Another fire started up in Leadville over the weekend...don't know if anyone is around there or not...but if anyone is around any of the fires...please be careful of the smoke inhalation...

And yes we will Julz...cant wait!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved