MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/23/2009 05:59 AM

HEAT --Lyme Hates Heat Loves Cold

mem6757

Remember you guys? the Caymen Islands?.. I think your right that Lyme would not be as devastating in a warmer climate. This is really interesting and the biomat raises your internal body temp so Lyme is killed?

With regard to high temperature, both B. burgdorferi and T. pallidum lack factor 32 (6, 7), a primary mediator of the heat-shock response, although some evidence exists that B. burgdorferi can mount a heat shock response while T. palladium cannot. In vitro cultivation of B. burgdorferi at various temperatures demonstrates that the spirochete replicates most quickly at 37°C. An increase in temperature to 39°C retards growth significantly, while a 24 hour exposure at 41°C kills all spirochetes in the culture. Therefore, the optimal growth temperature of B. burgdorferi is only 4°C below the upper lethal limit. The low tolerance of spirochetes for high temperatures is well known and may explain in part the restricted distribution of B. burgdorferi to temperate latitudes and its absence in the tropics, where infected ticks may be exposed to high temperatures detrimental to spirochete survival. Interestingly, the thermal sensitivity of T. palladium was exploited in the early 1900s prior to the discovery of penicillin by using fever therapy with malaria or relapsing fever infection to treat patients with general paresis (31). "

[37C = 98.6F, 39C=102F, 40 = 104F, 41 = 106F]

In other words Lyme bacteria all die at a temperature of 106 Fahrenheit for 24 hours. It's a higher temp than what kills Syphilis. Unfortunately that could kill you too. But they do have a hard time at 102F, and at 103 or 104. One of the problems with heat therapy is some tissues in your body might be a bit cooler and the bacteria there might survive. It can be dangerous therapy if it's not done in moderation. Temperature treatment for spirochetal illnesses has it's roots in the old Malaria therapy for Syphilis. The old Malaria therapy had a death rate of 1/20, and a successful complete remission rate of 50%. Some people just soak in very hot baths in addition to other therapies and swear by it.

ICHT

ICHT is an experimental treatment which involves raising the body temperature to kill spirochetes. Temperature treatment for spirochetal illnesses has it's roots in the old Malaria therapy for Syphilis. The old Malaria therapy had a death rate of 1/20, and a successful complete remission rate of 50%.

ICHT uses drugs which raise the intercellular temperature (from the inside out) and sometimes uses external heat as well.

For much more information on this treatment and the controversies surrounding it, Visit Lyme treatment http://www.lymetreatment.com/Index.html This is an excellent non-biased review, with both positive and negative comments.

One of the drugs which was used for internal heat is "Usnic acid", derived from the herb "Usnea". It seems it may no longer be in use. The drug currently in use in most ICHT clinics is probably DNP, not Usnic acid. This may change as DNP itself is controversial.

Dont play with usnic acid.. it was marketed once for weight loss and it destroyed a womans liver in 24 hrs.Usnea is "old mans beard" the green stuff hanging from the trees.. Smile

02/23/2009 06:05 AM
Julie4848

All I know is when I was in Mexico and it was 94-100 each day, I never felt better in my life...

02/23/2009 06:10 AM
mem6757

ahhh.. a beautiful beach.. a bucket full of ice and whats in the bucket? a pile of Coronas. is that where the "bucket list" started? kidding Smile

02/23/2009 06:23 AM
Canuck
Canuck  

That sun and FIR rays from the ocean/air is supposed to be the best thing. Funny, beach bound tomorrow and with these boys I am usually stressed, but, better out of this humid swamp for sure.... I have that heat shock response band--thanks for that article-you've been doing some leg work to see if a move would be good for Julie! Aren't we talking about internal body temp? Bio Mat would work at that temp but you would be-dead! Well maybe not Ron,I wonder-- wait,confused and sleep deprived, need caffieneSmile

02/23/2009 06:33 AM
mem6757

ocean air is charged with negative ions...like after a thunder storm.. and the biomat safely heats you up internally to a very high temp..on the top red setting.. without destroying human cells... i was looking and cant find the internal temp it raises you to.. sometimes answers are hard to find Smile

02/23/2009 07:33 AM
steelers

WHATEVER THE TEMP IS IT IS VERY HOT BECAUSE MY HEAD STILL HURTS FROM LAYING ON THAT MAT ON HIGH TEMP. I think I fried my brain

02/23/2009 07:43 AM
mem6757

I think so too! ha ha.. i am kidding Smile you wont fry your brain thats the last thing richway needs.. do an IQ test and report back .. Steelers i cant help it.. i just cant.. so remember i am kidding.. maybe your brain is loaded with spiros..good to heat the sobs up Smile

02/23/2009 08:33 AM
steelers

they could be in my brain ron but they will pay for it if they are because Im going to heat them up again tonight on high temp. See how they like the 160 degrees. Im going to fry those suckers. Im doing very well just a little pain in the head from the intense heat last night but other than that Im good.

02/23/2009 08:36 AM
steelers

i HAVE MY STENGTH BACK AND WENT BACK TO WORK FULLTIME ONCE MY BROKEN ARM HEALED

02/23/2009 09:31 AM
Canuck
Canuck  

Bravo... I envy you.. And that profession, I know the ''crap'' so that alone is a feat to deal with mentally not to mention physically

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved