MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/28/2012 01:51 PM

Muscle Spasms, how to deal?

beeincharge

One of my most painful symptoms over the past 3 years has been muscle spasms and cramping in my right side, like between the top of my hip and the bottom of my ribs. Oblique muscles, I think.

It has been on and off over the years. I have tried everything, skelaxin, flexeril, magnesium.

The only thing my doctor recommended is magnesium, which I am taking now, but it's not helping. The muscle cramping and spasms are so intense that nothing is helping.

Again, I am assuming babesia herx, since I just began treating babs 3 weeks ago???

I am in severe pain and I don't know what to do.

Post edited by: beeincharge, at: 05/28/2012 01:53 PM

05/28/2012 01:53 PM
mem4974

I've also got cramps in the area of the abdominal that you mention, but I've always suspected mine to be from bartonella. The muscle twitching too.

No real way to know though, as I've been diagnosed with both Babs and Bart.

05/28/2012 02:04 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

Beenincharge - How are you getting the Magnesium inside of you... Supplements? I found that when I digest Magnesium as a food, my body absorbs it more naturally & I do not have the spasms.

Here's a link to high Magnesium foods. Hope it helps some....

http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods- 000120000000000000000.html

05/28/2012 03:44 PM
Seschelll

Hi friend- my new lyme dr prescribed lyrica- for the sharp stabbing pains and muscle spasms. Tried neurotin and gabapentin (sp?) Have to try it first before insurance will cover- however it is still 280 dollars!!! Was 555!

My neuro prescribed the neurotin (sp) and gabapentin first- you need to talk to your dr----- also has helped and isn't expensive is traMadol - all for nerve pain I guess -no doctor just My experience- my little dog has muscle spasms and vet gave her tramadol.

Pills. Pills pills- short term I think ok has been my experience- just to get thru it- I'm so sorry you dealing with this now- I have in past- no fun. PLease resend your panic And anxiety post- I lost it- blackberry not as good as computer but I'm blessed to have your support. Sometimes I don't get replies- so I'm not sure my posts are being received.

SeSchell hugs and prayers

Post edited by: RavenLunatic, at: 05/28/2012 05:56 PM

05/28/2012 03:49 PM
beeincharge

Lyrica, maybe I will call and ask my doctor about that. Along with something for the anxiety. I tried neurontin before. It was okay, but I had an allergic reaction.

05/28/2012 04:01 PM
Seschelll

Another drug for anxiety depression and musclE spasms is cymbalta-

I was on it for years and it reaLly helped me. I weaned myself off it when I got really sick before I was diagnosed with lyme- I didn't want anything in my system so doctors could try to figure out what was wrong with me. Mite talk to your Dr about it also.

So many drugs out there- if you could find a natural one would be good- but I've tried them All--- sometimes our bodies need a drug like diabiatics need insulin.

Look it up and see what. What it treats- fibro, muscle spasms and anxity depressin - good luck. SeSchelL

Post edited by: RavenLunatic, at: 05/28/2012 05:58 PM

05/29/2012 01:07 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved