Ask a Question
05/26/2012 11:24 AM

Itching over my body in different parts

evelinawill
evelinawill  

Why is my body itching?

Anyone had this so far?

Never had this, it's very annoying.

Even my hands and finger itch and then it goes away.

05/26/2012 11:45 AM
mowgli
mowgli  

Yes it started for me several years ago pre-treatment for Lyme so I think it's a Lyme or coinfections symptom. Drives me nuts!

05/26/2012 12:13 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

This could be Lyme & Cos...yes.

But I notice I get itchy all over when Candida is getting out of hand.

So it could be yeast....

blessings,

purple

05/27/2012 03:01 PM
Seschelll

Oh yes, lately tops of my feet- have had arms , middle of bAck drives me crazy! Old lyme dr said to take benedryl. Haven't discussed it with new lyme dr. Its no fun when out in public- but have biggerfish to fry so I haven't discussed it- ???? Don't kknow Why. Hydrocortise cream used on my arm which was itching last nite- didn't do a thing? MAyb certain fabrics don't help?? Sorry not helpful- on blackberry forgive format. SeScheL on I get little blisters also that itch on fingers mostly

06/15/2012 04:18 PM
Jungleland
Jungleland  

Help! I was up all night with super itchy skin last night. Still pretty itchy today.

I started a new antibotic a few days ago and was thinking that was it, but I don't have hives, just itchy!

Any suggestions for relief? I have to be able to sleep tonight!!

06/15/2012 05:20 PM
Jan1960
Jan1960  

I have had itchiness all over my body on and off for over a year now. One of my most annoying symptoms. Hang in there!!

Jan

06/15/2012 07:17 PM
ontong
ontongPosts: 269

hi ,Folks. The intense itching was one of the first symptoms that I got, almost like being stung by bees. I take lorazepam for restless leg syndrome and for some reason it occurred to me to take one during an itch attack. The itching stopped in a few minutes. Now, I always carry a lorazepam with me for this reason.

06/15/2012 07:26 PM
Jungleland
Jungleland  

Hmmm, will have to ask my doc for an rx for Lorazepam, I had one previously but it made me too sleepy. But now that I am pretty much house bound, it really won't matter if i am sleepy. I need something right now tho, going crazy with this itching.

Hubby just called me from the store and he is having a hard time finding a cream for itching that doesn't have cortisone in it.

06/15/2012 07:32 PM
ontong
ontongPosts: 269

Im just not sure that a cortisone cream will help. I think the kind of itching we are getting is nerve itching, and that is why the lorazepam helps. Try just .5 mg under your tongue.

I hope it helps. That itching is wicked.

06/15/2012 08:24 PM
Jungleland
Jungleland  

i was trying to avoid cortisone cream. he got just some Aveeno fragrance free, isn't doing anything. Someone said they used a sunburn ointment with lidocaine in it and that helped, hubby couldn't find anything like that.

i am sure u r right, it has to be nerve cause nothing relieves the itch. hoping i can make it till monday when i can call the doc, going nuts right now

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved