MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/18/2012 06:54 PM

GENE TEST to see if u cant get rid of lyme and co-

wanthealth12
wanthealth12Posts: 309

support support support!!!! I need some more help guys.

I didnt know there was a gene test to see if you CANT get rid of lyme and co-s.

some people have a predisposition to thid llmd said and want to see if this is the case for me.

I will get a rope for sure if this is the case.

I mean this crap goes from weird to weirder and scarier.

i never heard of this here on this site ever

05/18/2012 07:43 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

nor have I, it has alot to do with your immune system

05/18/2012 08:41 PM
wanthealth12
wanthealth12Posts: 309

yes he said he is checking the cd57 again to see where its at plus c4a test

and then this gene test.I gotta look at the paper to see the name of it.

05/18/2012 08:48 PM
bbl2011

I have heard of this.

I am so very tired tonight, but I will write more on this weekend and tell you what i know. I've talked to a few doctors about this recently.

I'll try and help in whatever way I can, in terms of arming you with info on it Smile

Post edited by: bbl2011, at: 05/18/2012 08:51 PM

05/19/2012 08:37 AM
amycwusa1976

From what my excellnt doctor has explained, technically no, we never get rid of lyme completely. It is like chicken pox, once exposed it stays in your body forever.

That doesn't mean you can't put it into complete remission and live totally symptom-free forever. In fact, you certainly can.

I have never heard of this test, but I would think hard about getting it.

Ask, believe, receive..... you WILL heal!

05/21/2012 07:20 PM
bbl2011

Hi.

Ok, so from what I know, there is talk of a certain gene (I believe called DQB0602) that when present, makes one more susceptible persistent Lyme symptoms.

What is interesting to note here is that I believe it is not just used in Lyme, but for other mysterious autoimmune system disorders (probably triggered by Lyme or other bacteria etc).

There is also talk of a certain gene in humans that is similar to the outer protein OspA on the Lyme bacteria.

If that is the case, they hypothesize, that your immune system tries to attack not only this Lyme protein BUT ALSO the proteins similar to OspA in your own body.

But the phantom OspA gene was never found and remains a theory (as far as I know), while I believe the DQB0602 one has some science to back it up.

WITH THAT SAID...

Please do not put much store in this, and please do not believe that even if you have this gene, that it means you will not be cured.

We should not chalk up the whole Chronic Lyme in some patients to one gene. There is a great deal of evidence that shows that the spirochetes (lyme) persist on in a person, EVEN AFTER antibiotic treatment.

And it is THIS PERSISTENCE, not the gene, that is most likely the culprit.

I have posted on this before. In many animal studies, even after long doses of antibiotics, once autopsied post-mortem, these animals STILL had spirochetes present in their tissue.

Even one woman by the name of Vicki Logan was autopsied and they found evidence of a persistence of an infection that never went away.

It is also important to note though that Vicki, because of insurance reasons, never received more treatment consecutively for more than 6 months.

And we know 6 months has been proven time and time again to not be enough time for certain Chronic Lyme patients.

This more than likely accounts for her persistence.

Also, it is important to note that people who actually have persistent Lyme, due SOLELY to this gene factor, are considered rare (as far as I know). It is far more likely that the infection simply is not being eradicated.

For each person what persistence means is different. For two people with the same bacteriological burden on their system, maybe one will be fine and another ill.

Whether or not you will be cured is NOT simply based on a SINGLE gene. Please don't let any doctor tell you that you won't be cured. I am not just simply pep talking you here.

The research is still too new, and not even the scientists have many of the answers yet to answer these questions.

But what are leaning against is that ones ability to get well is based on a mosaic of factors:

1) The strain of Lyme you have (there are 300)

2) How your body handles and produces inflammation towards the lyme (inflammation often causes many the symptoms)

3) The bacteria itself, and it's ability to change it's outer proteins so often, our immune system can never make a "memory" of it.

4) genetic factors

5) whether or not the bacteria has gone inter-cellular and your own cells are copping the proteins out and have become in essence mini factories of a bacteria no longer present.

This is scene in many Alzheimer patients with Lyme proteins seen in the brain but no actual Lyme. There own genes, now combined with the spirochete, are manufacturing it now in a process called 'transfection'.

So the long and short of it is, please don't put too much store into the gene. Just get treated and get treated right and aggressively for as long as you need to actually get better. Don't give up! You will put this behind you some day.

05/21/2012 07:58 PM
Courious

I believe Dr. Shoemaker talks about this in his books on Biotoxin illnesses, which includes lyme.

A specific gene causes people to be more suseptible to biotoxin illness.

So that person has to be more cautious.

Dont live in moldy homes, etc.

I think he said one in four people have this genetic mutation.

No need to stress though.

You can make it better even with that gene, the trip will just be a bit more difficult.

He has a visual test you can take online to see if you have biotoxin illness...

After 40 years of lyme...

I breezed through the test.

So, if you cant wait. Take the test. It is pretty cheap.

I would think you would definitely fail it if you have this gene.

Please don't even think that test is definitive though, because you can fail the test even without the gene.

Im just saying.... It's one way to encourage yourself if you pass... Smile

05/23/2012 02:46 PM
RL123

The test is HLA DR and you can get it through Lab Corp. "Surviving Mold" by Dr. Richie Shoemaker has the Rosetta Stone for the test in the book. It's a little bit tricky to interpret.

I have genes that don't detox Lyme or mold well. There are some worse than mine and some better as far as the "bad genes" go. I started on Cholestrymine (CSM) a few months ago. It is a persription binder that binds to the Lyme toxins. I have been at about 90% lately, best I've been yet. I think the CSM is helping.

05/24/2012 07:29 AM
bbl2011

What is Cholestrymine and how does it bind the Lyme toxins?

Can you tell us a little more about this?

05/25/2012 08:49 AM
RL123

CSM is a powder that you mix with water and drink. It is an old drug that was created to bind to cholesterol. The toxins flow through our bile and the CSM grabs it from there. It works like activated charcoal or bentonite clay, but way stronger.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved