MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/08/2012 05:22 PM

What's the best way to deal with aches?

gabelle

Hi all!

I'm waiting for my test results. I had CD57, Western Blot, and PCH done today. All symptoms that I've had for the past 6 months seem to point to Lyme. I have been terribly achy for the past week...especially in my neck and knees. It's been really bad the past 2 days. I have been taking Ibuprofen every 4 hours. It takes the edge off but I am still pretty miserable. What have you found to work best? I would just like to find some relief!

TIA!

05/08/2012 06:51 PM
lymeinmich

Heat

Epsom Salt baths

I rub Oil of Oregano on my aches, it helps me tremendously. I take it orally too.

05/08/2012 06:54 PM
mgriffis

There are of course lots of prescriptions for pain, most of which I've tried or used, for when the pain just gets too debilitating.

However, one easy thing you could try that helped me some was bengay patches, you can get them at any drug store. Anything with the ingredient menthol feels cool and numbing.

I mainly used them on knees, ankles and back, so I'm not sure how it would work on your neck, but I think they have creams too.

05/08/2012 09:39 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

I use:

Heat packs

Ice packs

Epsom baths

Eucalyptus and Spearmint Essential oils in a carrier oil - massage into areas with pain. You can also use Peppermint essential oil in the carrier oil (like sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, sunflower oil)

05/09/2012 08:05 AM
gabelle

Thanks for the suggestions! I will be making a trip to the drugstore! I knew I would get the right answer here! (((((hugs)))))

05/12/2012 12:53 PM
mysticthecat
mysticthecat  
Group Leader

For muscle pain, I just remembered I have this sand filled canvas pack that I got at a medical supply store years ago. You put it in very hot water and boil it. Then you use it on your sore muscles, with a towel between your skin and the pack.

When you're not using it you put in the freezer so it doesn't mold.

I used to use it for back pain and I'm getting it out now for my son's use.

Maybe it would help you.

05/12/2012 01:25 PM
lymeinmich

epsom salt baths with peroxide

oil of oregano rubbed on sore areas

05/13/2012 09:48 AM
mysticthecat
mysticthecat  
Group Leader

Tiger Balm

05/13/2012 11:10 AM
gabelle

Thanks again for the all the suggestions! Is the Tiger Balm safe to use daily?

05/13/2012 12:29 PM
jda815
jda815  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

When I take a shower I will turn the heat up and put it on my shoulders and arms. It helps take the pain of my fibro and joints away for part of the day. It can also help me sleep better.

I'm going to look for those oils too. Thank you everyone for those suggestions.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved