MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/06/2012 07:01 PM

Lateral knee/leg pain

Lilnini

I've posted before that the first symptom I had was with my right knee. Other symptoms have come and gone, but this one is still nagging.

I can't say that it is actually the knee. I feel this constant tightening/pain along the right side of the middle of my leg originating mostly from the top of the fibula that connects right under the knee.

Pain often radiates down the outer leg and up the thigh. Had MRI done last autumn which showed slight arthritis and mild synovitis. After therapy doing nothing I asked for bloodwork and that was when I had some positive lyme numbers.

This annoying pain is getting worse. No visible swelling. Doesn't hurt when I walk. Hurts to bend and always hurts when I get up in the morning.

Don't know if it's still lyme related. How many more tests can I go thru? Orthopedic did nothing for me. MD said next test is a nerve test, which I don't want to do.

Anyone else have pain as such?

05/06/2012 07:27 PM
nank59
nank59  

Similar. My bite and rash were (and evidence of rash still is) on my left calf.

Initial symptom was muscle spasms/cramping around rash area. Second symptom was a stiff and aching left knee. Then, the right knee...then, a wide range of symptoms began appearing.

Every now and then, my left knee bothers me and I experience tightness in the left calf area.

05/07/2012 04:40 AM
ducky150

Hi Lilnini, I won't be much help but I can tell you I have numbness on my right leg. ITs more like the skin and some muscle under neath, and it itches.

My left leg I had torn cartalage repaired. I'm finding that when the Lyme flairs up that left knee it the first thing to go. Maybe Lyme goes after weakened area's first?

Maybe there is something going on in your leg you don't know about yet? I'm sorry I don't mean to sound scary. Maybe you hurt that leg when you were young?

Sharon

05/07/2012 04:42 AM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

Try taking magnesium for the leg pain, also if the pain is on the side of the leg from knee to hip, thats the IT bands and they need to be stretched out. I see a chiro for that.

05/07/2012 05:46 AM
Lilnini

Sharon - no never hurt it before. It's very frustrating. It used to just ache many years ago and thought it was related to my walk.

Had custom orthodics made for my shoes, but I don't think it's related to that. Can't sit "indian style" and pull that leg in anymore because it hurts too much.

Carol - I had originally thought it was the IT band. That was why I had seen an ortho in the autumn, but the MRI didn't show anything wrong.

Sometime it feels like bone pain, other times it feels tendon/muscle related. I had started to take magnesium, but my holistic practioner told me not to. Maybe I should start it again and see if that helps. Yea, maybe I should call my chiro too.

Thanks for the input every one.

05/07/2012 06:10 AM
bug50
bug50  

I bought a brace for my knee pain and it really did help. My knee has never been the same since I go lyme. Same with my neck...

05/08/2012 05:00 AM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

The IT band can still caus "bone Pain " without having any problems visible on the MRI. Its usually too tight and needs to be stretched out.

I see a chiro and Physical therapist for this 2x a week.

If I dont it affects my walking and standing greatly

There are days I feel a wheelchair would be best.

05/08/2012 06:06 AM
Lilnini

I bought a brace yesterday and put it on when I came home from work. It did seem to help a bit. Can't find my slow-mag though. The muscle in my other leg was spasming out last night. Felt like I had a little baby kicking in my leg. Hubby said it was probably from a mag deficiency, but I couldn't find it. Must buy some today.

05/08/2012 06:34 AM
bug50
bug50  

Carol...I see my Chiro also he has saved my life regarding pain....

05/09/2012 05:00 AM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

Me too. I have told them both, that without them I wouldnt be walking or working.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved