MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/06/2012 06:02 AM

Teen in Co With Lymes

Bloomies

Hey Everyone, I have to say I am sad and glad to see so much posted about Lymes on a website. My daughter (14) has been diagnosed with Lymes by a Homeopathic Dr. She has a ton of the symptoms and it is affecting her life in a terrible way. The pediatrician with absolute authority says she does not have Lymes because we live in Colorado so she wont even test for it but is wanting to put her on steroids to treat her "rheumatiod arthritis" and has also sent her to an allergist who wants to put her on asthmatic steriods and a ton of allergy medicine. We also have an appt for the 1 of 3 Rheumatologist Dr.s in the state of Colorado.

In the meantime, we are going to the Hollistic/Homeopatic Dr who is attaching a machine to her to work on her body frequency to get rid of the Lymes.

I am afraid I am not doing the right thing. I feel very strongly that steroids is not the answer. But I would really like to meet or know if there is a Lymes Doctor in Colorado that has dealt with this before so we can get some answers.

Please help

05/06/2012 03:05 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

hi mom Wink

please post in llmd request link below answering all questions asked and using my posting guidelines so ALL will be able to read your post.

please edit your above and break up your 1st really long paragraph; we NEURO LYME folks can NOT read it; lost our comprehension skills decades ago! thansk for helping us help YOU!

at end i saw STEROIDS! NO MORE STEROIDS; THEY SUPPRESS THE IMMUNE SYSTEM MAKING US MUCH WORSE.

that also applies to EPIHEPHRINE used by dental offices, colonoscopies, etc. THOSE EFFECTS CAN LAST FOR YEARS SAID A DR. WHO TEACHES OTHER DRS. WHO WAS GIVEN THIS AND SUFFERED PERHAPS UP TO 10 YRS. AFTER GIVEN THIS!

please go to my WELIOME LETTER below and print off dr. burrascano's 37 pages lyme treatment guidelines.

below that is DR. CORSON'S KID'S EVALUATION; read or print this too; she goes thru the ENTIRE body parts and which DISEASES affect those parts. by the time you get done reading it, you'll know if she has OTHER/co-infection diseases from that damn tick ok Wink

yes, there are COLORADO LLMDS!! that's why you'll post in the designated area for them. this way you may hear from others living in your state giving you advise and who they see; a win-win for you both!! Wink

best wishes, hugs/prayers to you both on this long journey,

bettyg, IOWA ACTIVIST FOREVER

05/06/2012 03:25 PM
littlegirlbigdream
littlegirlbigdream  

I can not read your post above, so I am not really sure what you are asking or wanting, so could you please break it up, like what betty asked.

If she would like to talk to others, her age with lyme we have a group on here. (I am the leader and would love to have her)

http://www.mdjunction.com/teens-with-lyme-disease

As well as one of my lyme friends made a website for us, and we like to talk to new people and I am always on, since I dont really have much else I can do when I cant get out of bed haha.

http://www.lymeteens.socialgo.com/

Also I saw the word steroids that is a big no no, when you are dealing with lyme, get off them as soon as possible.

You may see some affect now, but in the long run it will make things way worse off for her.

Post edited by: littlegirlbigdream, at: 05/06/2012 03:41 PM

05/06/2012 03:36 PM
mysticthecat
mysticthecat  
Group Leader

Bloom

Welcome. I can relate. My 15 year old son is recently dx with lyme and probably some co-infections. I am always wondering if I'm doing the right thing.

There is alot of information on this forum and you can learn lots by reading so you can feel more confident about your decisions. Steriods are a big no no for lyme.

Sounds like your ND may be lyme literate which is great. First thing I would go to is the ILADS website and read their guidelines for treatment.

Take care.

05/06/2012 04:18 PM
littlegirlbigdream
littlegirlbigdream  

I guess I frogot to say, you can send me a message anytime you want, I talk to a lot of other parents on here, so I am open to talking anyone haha.

I guess it kind of helps them understand that they are doing everything they can, from a 16 year olds perspective.

Anyways message me anytime you want Smile

05/06/2012 05:38 PM
lydian
lydian  

Until you actually know if it indeed isn't Lyme Disease, I would not give her steroids. If she has Lyme Disease, it will only make it even worse. Feel free to drop me a line. I sent you a private message also.

At a health fair where I have a booth in CO, I heard of several new Lyme Disease diagnoses and I am sure they will not be reported because many doctors don't know to report it.

All my best,

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved