MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/03/2012 09:37 PM

Lyme...and sex.

gotthebestkids
gotthebestkids  

Ok ladies, does this happen to anyone else? I get so light headed and start spinning during sex and it gets really bad at orgasm that I nearly pass out. I know it's a Lyme thing but seriously....something must be done! Pretty much makes relations with the hubby a bit difficult. Poor guy. Not to mention the pain involved!!!

I'm trying to make light of the issue, but it is a pretty serious one. Ermm [b]

05/03/2012 10:45 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

Ummm.... I've never had this happen to me personally but it sounds like you have some major, hormonal issues going on since you are at your worst when you are climaxing.

I would really talk to your LLMD about this esp. if you are experiencing pain. Best wishes!!!

05/03/2012 11:06 PM
mem4974

It's possible that this could be some sort of exercise intolerance caused by either Lyme or co-infection. I experience something similar with even light exercise.

05/04/2012 04:59 AM
gotthebestkids
gotthebestkids  

@Renguin22 - That sounds exactly right! Every time I do any sort of exercise, my heart rate drops and it I always get light headed! Even just putting my head upside-down causes this. Which co-infection do you think this comes from?

05/04/2012 06:33 AM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

Hi gotthebestkids -

I can't really help you with the sex piece of this.... but if it is exercise intolerance I can offer some of my own experience and knowledge there.

First - which co-infection? If I had to guess I would say Lyme & Babesia are causing this.

BUT I also wouldn't discount Raven's post about hormonal imbalances. It could be adrenal related. Lyme really messes up adrenals.

If it is exercise intolerance.... from what I've read from LLMDs and researchers (the good ones): If you are having the symptoms you listed you are over doing it.

I know that ALL LLMDs state that patients need to ask their doctors if they are healthy enough to engage in sexual activity.

This is because most with Lyme & Cos are unable to tolerate exercise, and it could even be dangerous to do so.

The latest guidelines for exercise state that there should be NO STRENUOUS ACTIVITY until significant healing has occured. Lyme and coinfections get into the heart - strenuous activity could cause things like a heart attack.

So please check with your doctor - make sure they know all the symptoms you are having during sex. These symptoms should not be taken lightly, especially since you are in pain.

blessings,

purple

Post edited by: purpleyogamat, at: 05/04/2012 06:34 AM

05/04/2012 07:07 AM
beeincharge

I feel too bad for sex, have only had it 3 times this year. I didn't even want it then, just trying to keep hubs happy. Is guess this isn't normal?

05/04/2012 08:10 AM
gotthebestkids
gotthebestkids  

@Purple - Thank you so much for your wise advice. Funny thing is...I don't get much exercise...in fact, I don't get any.

I do try to walk on the weekends which doesn't bother me too much unless I am having to carry something along with walking.

I know for a fact that the Lyme has gotten into my heart. My LLMD thinks that I might be developing Pericarditis but all EKGs and ECGs come back normal.

I don't have insurance nor the funds to have other tests run to be sure. Lyme is an incredibly expensive disease, I know all would agree. I've racked up a retirement worth of bills.

It's just so frustrating. I am just so thankful that I am able to continue to work, yet from home, I work full-time. God is good.

05/04/2012 04:20 PM
mem4974

Hey got,

My LLMD has diagnosed me with Bartonella, Babesia and Lyme (I also test positive for Ehrlicia), but he believes my primary problems are Babesia and Lyme related. I know exercise intolerance is often listed as a symptom of babesia.

05/04/2012 05:06 PM
workingal
workingal  

I had to read this post because I wanted to know who was having sex.

No sex ever happens in my house.

05/04/2012 05:30 PM
beeincharge

workingal - apparently you and I are the only ones Sad

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved