MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/30/2012 03:19 PM

Help pls Suggestions for my daughter and steroids

Avs1823

My daughter called me on Fri and told me that she'd been sick, thought she had strep throat- it's going around work, and she was on her way to the dr.

She's in college and is 6 hrs away. after the appt she called and said that she tested pos for strep and mono. then she said the dr gave her a shot, she thought it was penicillin but it wasn't, it was a steroid shot for the mono.

We know she has LD but w the changes she's made over the last yr it's totally under control.

She just called me to tell me that she has a HUGE ring around the area where she got the shot, hurts all over, especially her back and neck and feels worse than she did before.

She said that she didn't think about the shot until it was too late, said the dr really didn't give her much of a choice,it's the only way to clear mono. He also gave her 10 days of amoxicillin.

She's a full time student w no money to just try stuff, I'm still waiting for disability so can't help her. She's totally GF and soy free, mostly diary free.

Any suggestions on what she can do to feel better and hopefully keep things in check? I gave her few but am concerned now, she has been doing so well and this could send her over the edge, as we all know.

04/30/2012 06:18 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

Seeing as I was/am an asthmatic, steroids are a big issue. I recommend your DD getting a multi-herb tincture with at least Burrdock root, Dandilion root &/or Milk Thistle. Best wishes!

04/30/2012 06:31 PM
Avs1823

thanks! where would she find it and is it expensive?

04/30/2012 07:49 PM
WiscLamLymie
WiscLamLymie  
Group Leader

I find these things online. I know she'd have to either pay for shipping or wait a few extra days. If she's got the money it might be good to expedite the shipping.

Or if there's an herb shop around? Or a whole foods store possibly? We have an herb shop in my town so if it's something I need right away, I can drop in and grab something. Usually for more than I would pay online, but then I didn't have to wait for shipping. Smile

Love you avs!

Lauren

04/30/2012 07:59 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

Seeing as your DD is at college, like WiscLam said, she would probably be able to find a local, health, food store real easy. Tell your DD to get at least 1 or more of the ingredients I listed. The more the better. A tincture shouldn't cost more than $10 - $15 dollars. Again, best wishes to the both of you!!!

04/30/2012 09:11 PM
Avs1823

thanks guys!!! she's really afraid that the shot may stir up the bacteria especially since it's spring. It's hard being away. She's in Atlanta so there are lots of places she should be able to find.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved