MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/29/2012 08:34 PM

after 21 months of IV neuro symptoms return, help!

sidelined09
sidelined09  

I have Neurological Lyme. I had lots and lots of seizures that even IV ativan could not stop.

The seizures would cause my body to literally twist backward. My head would twist back to reach my feet.

Almost every joint would twist backward. My fingers, wrists, feet... For hours! SO MUCH PAIN!!!!

I had a PICC placed in July 2010 and have been on aggressive antibiotic treatment ever since.

I was in a wheel chair for several months and then graduated to a cane. Now I can actually run a little.

I had made amazing progress!!! Even holding a part time job. Way cool!

But then I quit making progress. Now my doctor wants me to go off antibiotics for a month to see what happens.

We tried that 5 months ago and I started having partial seizures. So I went back on.

I've been off this time for 3 weeks now and have not been feeling well. I feel some neurological stuff creeping back.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I don't want to stay on IV antibiotics! But I don't want those awful seizures either!

04/29/2012 11:57 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

welcome sidelined Wink

it was great reading all the positive, successful things you had accomplished before your health declined.

i have no experience on seizures. we have an outstanding PROMPT SEARCH feature in upper right hand corner.

so i typed in seizures on meds IN LYME BOARD, click search.

you need to add IN LYME BOARD to all searches since there are over 800 OTHER boards here at mdj.

here's what came up; so check out the summaries that show up in this link for any possible immediate help until other members with seizures appear.

http://www.mdjunction.com/search-results?cx=partner-pub- 6880895859462891%3A9161237135&cof=FORID%3A11&ie=ISO-8859-1& q=seizures+on+meds+in+lyme+board

best wishes, hugs/prayers always,

bettyg, leader

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved