MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/30/2012 08:02 AM

Are Antibiotics Really the Answer?(page 2)

pampe
pampe  
Group Leader

precious, that link didn't work....

and using the CDC as a source is rather confusing since they don't even accept Chronic Borreliosis as a disease.

http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/postLDS/

04/30/2012 09:08 AM
runner64
runner64  

The CDC doesn't tell the truth.

That excerpt is another reason to start drugging people for autoimmune symptoms when they have lymes disease. The expert lyme doctors understand fully these symptoms are from active bacteria.

An excerpt from the link as posted above:

"Doctors believe that certain people that are infected with the borrelia bacteria are predisposed to develop an autoimmune response that contributes to their symptoms."

With short treatment on late stage lymes of course they are going to have symptoms from the pathogens. They're too active.

Not a predisposed autoimmune disease. But it's twisted through this group trying to illustrate a different type of disease cropped up from a lyme catalyst. I can't believe they even wrote that.

*(Many scientist have proven most of these autoimmune responses are pathogen, viral etc. infections anyway. Some toxicity responses. Info buried as cures do not make money but incurable autoimmune diseases requiring lifetime meds to manage the symptoms of infection do.)

Regardless of treatment opinions we have that differ on boards with pharma ABX's and herbals, those of us that understand lymes know that reference is completely dishonest. If late stage the short time intervals do nothing.

Govt health sites. The Govt gets funded by the pharmaceutical industry. Congress members the whole nine yard. It's all public record. They make a fortune. One arena example: The contracts the Pharma co's have with the govt putting the troops on psychotropics. Big business.

If they can keep people sick on meds for life controlling symptoms of which they mislead above as autoimmune disease when it's continuing lyme disease, many stand to profit. The individual declines with no lyme treatment.

I personally find value in your herbal approach Precious, but I find that whole CDC article very damaging for people that have late stage chronic lyme disease. Twisting the truth. Respectfully, just my opinion as well.

Post edited by: runner64, at: 04/30/2012 10:18 AM

04/30/2012 11:35 AM
bbl2011

I absolutely agree with you runner64

04/30/2012 01:57 PM
pampe
pampe  
Group Leader

Um, Alex.....if POST-TREATMENT is the operative word....what am I?

I was never treated but I have Lyme for AL LEAST 10-15 years....probably more like 30.

SO......what does the CDC say about someone who has NOT been treated and has Lyme??

04/30/2012 02:39 PM
mem4974

There are plenty of people who have been healed on long-term antibiotics.

As for the person arguing that 99% of people diagnosed with Lyme are still suffering. I would find it amusing to know where you got this statistic from. There are plenty of stories online (both here and elsewhere) where people have completely recovered from this disease.

Considering the severity of the illness that people here are dealing with, I think it's important to stress a positive atmosphere and continue working forward to recovery. I don't see how quoting misinformed CDC statements and arguing that Lyme is incurable work towards these objectives.

Post edited by: renguin22, at: 04/30/2012 02:39 PM

04/30/2012 03:46 PM
pampe
pampe  
Group Leader

No, they use "post-treatment"....period

Where do you get your facts? "the number of people who don't get proper treatment is ..."

Could you please start posting links to what isn't OPINION?

Thanks.

Post edited by: pampe, at: 04/30/2012 03:47 PM

Post edited by: pampe, at: 04/30/2012 04:02 PM

04/30/2012 05:23 PM
bbl2011

I see precious007 is up for review. I am totally up for open dialog and different opinions, but the information she was quoting from the CDC is exactly the kind of misinformation that got us into this whole mess to begin with.

I agree with another member in another discussion that was started today. After the Dr. Phil show I have seen some suspicious activity on here. ppl making unsubstantiated claims that herbs are not only more effective than antibiotics, but that they find and kill ALL of the Lyme.

Again, I think herbs either alone or in combination CAN cure Lyme. I am all for any treatment, as long as it's substantiated by science and produces results and doesn't hurt people. While I haven't looked into the herb side yet (and plan to this week) I think what got me upset was the 'way' the herbal protocol was being 'advertised' at us.

I get very touchy when I feel like ppl have ulterior motives. These people on this forum (and many much MUCH worse than myself) are suffering dearly. The last thing they need is people praying on them.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved