MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/28/2012 11:27 AM

Herxing and I'm so Lonesome I could cry.

caite19
caite19  

Hi,

I started my new antibiotics azithromycin 1 x per day, doxy 3 x per day, diflucan 1 x per day, grapefruit seed extract 10 drops per day, lauricidin.

I now have a sore throat that is so swollen I can barely swallow. My lymph nodes are enormous. Fever on and off. Weak, shaky, green stuff coming out of my nose (I haven't been ANYWHERE to get a cold).. In SO much pain I could scream!

In addition, my church family thinks I am nuts, I have no family to speak of (save for a great hubby and a 3 year old son), and my friends don't talk to me I'm too depressing.

I'm bored, lonesome and feel like death. Anyone else?

04/28/2012 11:46 AM
mysticthecat
mysticthecat  
Group Leader

I don't know what to say except: sending you healing thoughts. Hold on to that hubby and baby.

04/28/2012 11:47 AM
pampe
pampe  
Group Leader

((caite)) I am sorry you are so miserable.

You are not alone!

04/28/2012 11:59 AM
caite19
caite19  

Thanks Mystic and Pampe. I definitely feel very alone except on the internet. Smile

04/28/2012 01:14 PM
GlitchyMomma
GlitchyMomma  

I am hugging you from Louisiana. I'm sorry you are lonely, but know that you are NOT ALONE!

<3

04/28/2012 03:10 PM
suzyoo
suzyoo  

Yes, many of us have felt the same symtoms and feelings that you're experiencing. Did you do a detox a month or two in advance to prepare yourself your abx and other things you are taking now?

It sounds like you're having a lot of die off, and I hope you are taking detox herbs, supplements to aid your system in getting them out quickly.

I just hope that you're taking supplements to support your immune system. Absolutely necessary when taking abx and herbals to kills off bugs.

Sending lots of hugs, and I'm glad you have a hubby and son that are standing by your side. Your church friends should always be there for you in your time of need. Suzy

04/28/2012 03:34 PM
caite19
caite19  

GlitchyMomma, thanks.

Suzyoo, No, I did not do any detoxing.. wasn't informed I needed to prior. I am doing lots of lemon water, and epsom salt baths right now. What would you suggest supplement wise? I have been recommended propolis, bee pollen, and moringa.

04/28/2012 08:05 PM
WiscLamLymie
WiscLamLymie  
Group Leader

Not sure if we've "met" on here yet. But I wanted to give you a big hug and say that so many of us know what you're dealing with here. And you are SO not alone.

I know it's hard to imagine, but this horrid disease is doing the same thing to you as it is to so many of us. And we all feel your pain. Many Lymies have no one to turn to, save these online groups. Many of us have at least some support around them. And a few have a large circle of friends and family that believe in them and help them out when they need. That is quite the minority, sadly.

But know this: you are not and never will be alone. You keep coming here and reaching out. We will always reach back to you.

I PM'd you a welcome letter. And I apologize if I've sent it to you before. Your screen name didn't look familiar... then as I looked at it, I started to wonder if I had seen you here before. So forgive my Lyme brain! Wink

And I hope you start to feel better. Don't confuse a cold/etc. for Lyme. Sometimes we do get hit with things. I just am getting over bronchitis! Thankfully, I was just about to switch to aztihromycin, which does help with bacterial lung and sinus infections, and it did help to clear it up. Thank God!

But if you are on this already, please talk to your LLMD about what is happening. They may just switch you over to something else for the time being, or offer their doctor-advice. Smile Hang in there!!!

Lauren

04/28/2012 08:21 PM
caite19
caite19  

Thank you Lauren, I am not sure if you have sent me one before or not. I just know I feel awful!!!

04/28/2012 11:27 PM
TBpony414

Hi Caite,

It sounds like you are really doing too much at once. Start by introducing JUST one antibiotic or supplement at a time. Increase the dose every 2-3 days (or as otherwise directed), and see how you feel. Then start the next antibiotic, and work you way up to the goal dose over the next few weeks.

I had just switched 2 antibiotics a few weeks ago and was a bit impatient in regards to upping the dose. Well I nearly had a total mental breakdown and I was so sore/stiff all over I couldn't walk, either! All from rushing into new meds, the side effects they have, and what they do to the lyme and co, and how many toxins are floating around in your body.

Fortunately, a very strong dose of an IV antibiotic and glutathione (to help with inflammation) after my appointment was all that was needed to get me feeling like myself again. We altered the new meds so I will now only take 1/2 tab of the one M-W-F, we are skipping another antibiotic altogether, and I can't remember what else but anyway - slow down!!

If you take the antibiotics all at once you will have so much die-off that even if you lived in an epsom bath it wouldn't help! Burber (from Nutramedic) helps with removing those dreaded toxins, I do 15 drops 3x/d in a small glass of water.

The toxins will drag you down and make you feel rotten and like there is no reason to get out of bed. Remember to take it slow, take it one step and one medicine at a time, and come back here as often as possible for hugs/advice/laughs/etc! Smile

Take it easy, we're here for you on your road to recovery.

Liz

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved