MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/25/2012 07:12 PM

Could I have Lyme Diease HELP!!

bre123
bre123  

Hello everyone,

Since july 2011 i have been having problems with these random symptoms

that seem to come and go, i have foggy brain, blurred vision, hair loss, twitching of facial muscles, depression, hives, acne out of no where, increased motion sickness exp. while driving.

I just got my test results back and only have two positive bands.

IGG 41 Reative

IGM 23 Reactive.

I am wondering what this means i have read that 23 is a key indicator of lyme disease, but my PCP doesnt seem to think i have lyme at all.

Help please, i feel like i am going nuts. Literally!

Shocked

Thank you!

04/25/2012 07:17 PM
nank59
nank59  

A leader will be along to help you, but I wanted to comment.

It appears that it is likely that you might have Lyme. With the symptoms that you describe, along with the positive bands.

Is your PCP Lyme Literate (LLMD)? It makes a huge difference. I was only able to receive one thirty day round of antibiotics from my PCP.

I was totally uneducated about Lyme and went too long for the thirty days of Doxy to eradicate it. If you're not already doing so, just make sure that you do all that you can do to educate yourself. It's extremely helpful for the journey!

Best wishes to you.... Smile

04/25/2012 07:20 PM
ageofrockets

I am under the assumption that I may have lymes as well, I just recently got tested as well and the only thing my paper work says is negative. To me that isnt very reassuring since everyone else seems to have some kind of IgG or IgM Values to go along with there paper work.

At any rate, I've been having an increase in motion sickness while driving as well, to go along with a strange yet growing list of symptoms. Even though I desperatly want to believe that what i have is indeed Lyme so that i can begin recovery, I don't think i will fully have my answer until i start a regimen of antibiotics and i see how my body reacts.

Post edited by: ageofrockets, at: 04/25/2012 07:22 PM

04/25/2012 07:25 PM
bre123
bre123  

thank you for your response, do you know anything about band 23? everywhere i read said its positive for lyme and a lot of llmd's go off of that one band.

Ive been getting a lot of research in lol this july will be a yr since my symptoms happened, ive been on the computer almost everyday researching my symptoms.

04/25/2012 07:49 PM
ageofrockets

I've been doing a fair amount of research on all this as well lol, as i believe this may be the cause to all my problems I've been haveing for the past few years. I am not very familiar with the IgG or IgM values and to make matters worse i didn't recieve any to go along with my paper work lol. Also the doctor i went to see for blood work is simply a general practitioner so I am at a loss currently.

04/25/2012 07:59 PM
nank59
nank59  

Bre, If you'll go to Betty's welcome letter towards the top of the subjects on this forum, you'll see a link to the explanation of bands. Band 23 is Lyme specific

Herxing on abx is another indicator.

Post edited by: nank59, at: 04/25/2012 08:00 PM

04/25/2012 08:11 PM
VicMac
VicMac  

Bre and Rockets, Welcome,

The motion sickness thing seems to be a big factor. I can tell you the same has happened with me. Cant fly now without having to take a whole bunch of stuff, and that does not even guarantee I will be okay if the plane hits bad turbulence.

So I dont fly anymore.

You know, when people come on here and list symptoms that sound like those most of us are dealing with who have "infections", it is always hard to say for sure "Well you have Lyme, or you have Bart or Babesia or Erlichiosis etc."

But the fact is, many of us seem to notice a difference when we take antibiotics, whether in prescription form or in herbal form. So this seems to point to that there is almost definately some kind of "infection" going on, even if we cant nail it down to exactly which one.

Sometimes it seems the best way to diagnose is to treat, and see what kind of reaction occurs. I think LLMD's realize this, because despite test results, if treating helps, then 'clinically' a diagnosis can be made.

All I can say from what you both describe, is that it 'sounds' like you have one of the tick borne infections. It is just hard to know which is causing your symptoms.

I wish you both the best in finding treatments that help you to feel better.

04/25/2012 08:45 PM
bre123
bre123  

And i forgot to note that im positive for EBV as well

04/25/2012 08:49 PM
waxby
waxbyPosts: 4811
VIP Member

~~~Hello bre, Welcome!

~~~Your PCP knows nothing about your having Lyme Complex!

~~~Band 23 is Lyme specific. 41 is flagellum specific to either the Lyme or syphilis spirochete.

~~~You must find a LLDr in order to be properly diagnosed and treated!

~ Please click to go here for information and support … ~ http://www.mdjunction.com/mem/117464

``` ~~~from my straight jacket~~~out on a limb~~~lookin like a cocoon~~~hangin by a thread~~~waitin for a butterfly~~~under the moon~~~Lovey-Dovey~~~Mitchell ```

04/25/2012 08:59 PM
bre123
bre123  

what does lyme specific mean? that it only becomes positive when you have that in your body??

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved