MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/25/2012 04:01 PM

Can we talk about skin sensations??

lymeinmich

I get crawling sensations that feel like tiny bugs crawling usually on my scalp.

Then I get vibrating sensations. For me this is usually in my groin (I know fun - right?) Could this be what some people call moving sensations?

I often wondered why this is always in the same area, and why the groin?

I got so many weird looks from so many Dr's about this b4 diagnosis.

For me the only wide spread sensations are the burning sensations. Those happen over my entire body.

04/25/2012 04:24 PM
suzyoo
suzyoo  

Yep, I get the crawly itchy stuff on scalp sometimes too. I think our skin is very sensitive on any type of treatment, and the scalp is very vulnerable to crawling sensations.

If you can afford to put in a filter on your shower head to take out the chlorine that would may help your scalp issue.

As for your groin, my assumption is that some of our lymph glands are in that area, and they can get irritated and swollen from from the bugs. That's my theory anyway. I only get the burning sensation in my calves and feet, but not too often.

04/25/2012 04:28 PM
Jan1960
Jan1960  

Well..I can tell you, I spend so much time during the day just scratching from head to toe. But, when my scalp starts itching..I just can't stop scratching it. It does feel like little things creeping all around.

Do you all suppose it really is bugs..or just a sensation??

04/25/2012 04:44 PM
nank59
nank59  

That crawly sensation was really bothering me a few days ago.

I get tingling in my hands and feet - and sometimes on my arms - on a regular basis.

But, just a few days ago, it felt as if little bugs were crawling on my ears, my face, arms.

I posted my experience on another board, and had quite a few comments. Some stated that they noticed it starting after abx, others said that they have the feeling off and on - just in general.

It's probably due to Peripheral Neuropathy.

It's very bothersome!

Post edited by: nank59, at: 04/25/2012 05:01 PM

04/25/2012 04:45 PM
lymeinmich

I think it is a sensation. One would swear there tiny mites crawling, but I really believe it is a sensation.

I just scratched my head Smile

04/25/2012 05:24 PM
beeincharge

Yes, I have this too, on my hands and feet, all of the time

Post edited by: beeincharge, at: 04/25/2012 05:24 PM

04/25/2012 05:32 PM
Polkahero
Polkahero  

It's peripheral neuropathy. Basically nerve damage caused by the bacteria. I had an EMG done last year that showed I had a "very mild" form of it, never was told what the cause was. All I was told was that I didn't have ALS. Mine comes and goes, seems like taking additional ALA, magnesium, and B6 helps. I've also read that B1 and B12 can be helpful for those deficient in those vitamins.

04/25/2012 05:39 PM
lymeinmich

I take a b complex from Swansons.

Mine all come and go too. None are present 100% of the time.

So with that said, does it make sense that it is nerve damage if it comes and goes??

04/25/2012 05:57 PM
beeincharge

Mine comes and goes, for the past 2 years now. My neurologist says it's nerve damage.

If it bothers you, ask for something like neurontin/gabapentin. It helps, but to me the side effects were too much. It make me twice as confused as usual.

Post edited by: beeincharge, at: 04/25/2012 05:58 PM

04/26/2012 04:25 AM
lymeinmich

It's weird to me if it is damage that it comes and goes.

It has been gone for months, then returned?

How do we ever know when it's safe to stop meds? So this is not a symptom?

Is it damage that is not permanent?

I'm stuck on the coming and going Sad

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved