MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/24/2012 08:12 AM

Good News and Bad News?? CD57 Now what

lkng4answers

My Story

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/general-support/3657432-am-i-glad-i-found-this- site#3658170

Well the nurse just called me yesterday..Guess what? CD57 came back at 242

normal range is between 200 and 700 somthing...

Now what??

04/24/2012 08:26 AM
greenespace
greenespace  

I'd say that's good news- it shows your immune system might now be strong enough to fight the Lyme off by itself. You might try going off meds for a short period and see how you do.

04/24/2012 08:47 AM
GlitchyMomma
GlitchyMomma  

Keep in mind CD57 is only a marker, and for some, is not a good indicator of how you are doing symptomatically.

In general, if you test with a low CD57 before or during treatment, then the consensus is that you would continue treatment until the CD57 was above 200. (Apparently, there are lower incidences of relapse when this process is followed.)

I see you only have 4 posts. I don't have time to read your link, but are you newly dx'd or an old pro who just became a forum member?

In addition, there have been discussions regarding coinfections actually inflating this number, and that may be why some feel terrible with a high CD57.

04/24/2012 11:20 AM
stephn

what co-infections would inflat the number?? new here, but hadn't heard that before. So it's possible to have Lyme (which drops the number) and certain co-infections that could raise the number and end up having a normal CD57?

04/24/2012 01:49 PM
lkng4answers

I have not been diagnosed with lyme (YET)...Just looking for answers...I was hoping the CD57 would have come back low so I could start getting treated...I have had verytest known to man except western blot...I cant get anyone to do that unless the ELISA comes back positive...SO I got the doc to at least do a CD57 ...

I have had every other test known to man, all negitive and no other infections noted...

I feel miserable, maybe it is RA, but I refuse to believe it...If you look at the link I posted and everything I have had done..WHat can I be missing...The docs wont budge around here

Thanks for all the support!!

04/24/2012 03:21 PM
GlitchyMomma
GlitchyMomma  

Find an LLMD. They understand that Lyme is a clinical diagnosis and should treat accordingly.

In addition, there are other tests used by docs like Schaller to help diagnose Bartonella, a common confection. VEGF, TNF alpha, IL-6 are a few I remember. I drove 13 hours one way to see my first LLMD.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved