MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/23/2012 10:21 AM

Igenex results interpretation please

shelliboo73
shelliboo73  

I've had a picc line in for 4 weeks due to possible lyme. I've had a constant headache since June, 10 months and have been on the ndph board mostly. These are the Igenex results:

IGM

41 +

IGG

31 +++

39 IND

41 ++

58 ++

Can anyone help me interpret these results please?

DELETED ALL NEGATIVE NO. POSTS. bettyg, leader

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 04/23/2012 03:28 PM

04/23/2012 10:52 AM
pampe
pampe  
Group Leader

IgM is a sign of a current infection.

IgG is a sign of a current infection, or of a past exposure to or past infection by the organism.

When reporting bands, the reporting laboratory marks each band with the following indicators of intensity:

- Not present

+ Low

++ Medium

+++ High

+/- Equivocal = indeterminate (there, but not as intense as Low)

The first band to show up on a Lyme disease patient's IgM blot is usually the one at 41 kDa, followed by the OspC band and/or the one at 39.

Certain other bands are considered highly specific for Bb:

34 (OspCool or 39 or OspC (anywhere between 22 and 25).

Also thought to be species-specific are

The 83 and 94 kDa bands.

~~~

MORE HERE:

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/general-support/61532-breakdown-of-igenix-test-bands

~~~

Post edited by: pampe, at: 04/23/2012 10:54 AM

Post edited by: pampe, at: 04/23/2012 11:26 AM

Post edited by: pampe, at: 04/23/2012 11:44 AM

04/23/2012 11:55 AM
shelliboo73
shelliboo73  

Thank you for your response. From my results, does it look like I have lyme?

04/23/2012 01:27 PM
waxby
waxbyPosts: 4811
VIP Member

~~~boo! shelli,

~~~According to LLs, more than likely, yes. May I ask your symptoms and timeline to offer more or less certainty?

``` Mitchell ```

04/23/2012 01:46 PM
shelliboo73
shelliboo73  

13 years ago, I had an extremely traumatic event happen, I right away had a bad headache in the back of my head, within 4 to 6 weeks, I had severe anxiety, panic, severe dry eyes, bells palsy, shooting pains in my limbs along with tingling, it later went to my spine pain

All of this cleared up except the bad headache which was constant on the left side of my head and stayed for two years. The dry eyes stayed as well for which I have punctal plugs in my tear ducts. I went to many many doctors for all of my symptoms.

I finally got better and the headache was gone. About 2 to 3 years later, the headache came back still on the left side and all over my head. Of course, depression came as well. This headache was constant and stayed for about a year and a half. I saw a neurologist and was put on some different medications, changed my diet for a while and got better.

From 2004 until June of 2011, I was taking Keppra and Cymbalta and was so thrilled and thankful. I rarely had a headache or any other symptom.

Well, June came and this headache came back. It is on the right side and all over my head this time. Although the part near my eye is what is killing me. It hasn't left for a minute.

I have now developed severe anxiety, panic, which presents in raised blood pressure, tingling limbs, inability to sit still or think of anything but the pain and anxiety.

I also have recently developed severe insomnia over the past 3 weeks. However, I have been on daily IV Rocephin for 4 weeks along with zithromax monday thru friday and tindamax sat and sunday.

The LLMD does not believe the anxiety and insomnia are due to lyme since they recently have presented. I am so scared that this headache will never leave. I can't function.

Thank you.

04/23/2012 02:17 PM
waxby
waxbyPosts: 4811
VIP Member

~~~Hello shelli,

~~~Thank you.

~~~It certainly does appears to be Lyme Complex!

~~~Try to relax a little knowing that your anxiety has partly developed from not knowing why you have been ill, and from the Lyme Complex itself which most definately can cause this, and confidence in knowing relief will eventually come from proper agressive treatment.

~~~We'll be hanging in there with you!

``` Mitchell```

04/23/2012 03:07 PM
pampe
pampe  
Group Leader

Shelli, Mitchell's so on target...now that you have a reason for the symptoms...the anxiety will lessen.

Do you ever do meditation and/or relaxation?

04/23/2012 03:32 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

shelli, yes, you have lyme.

looks like the 2nd set of numbers meet the critieria so you are POSITIVE for the 2nd set of nos.

if so, you will be COUNTED in your state's lyme statistics.

please go to my welcome letter link in my signature line.

please print off dr. corson's headache, detailed article; outstanding info there.

best wishes, hugs/prayers,

bettyg, leader

04/24/2012 07:31 AM
shelliboo73
shelliboo73  

Thank you Mitchell, pampe and Betty. I pray I will get relief from this headache. It has destroyed me. Pampe, I haven't done meditation. I have been doing a lot of prayer and reading scripture. It was bad enough with the constant headache that destroyed my life but now with just developing the horrible anxiety that never goes away and insomnia, I just don't know what to do. I thank you all for responding to me. My emotions are out of control and I cry constantly. Thank you again.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved