MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/24/2012 12:51 PM

Why Am Increasingly Depressed?(page 3)

mysticthecat
mysticthecat  
Group Leader

Bee,

For depression, build your support group around you. We all need to be heard and understood and loved. You have lots of tools for healing. Exercise if you can. Try and help people. Giving makes you feel better too.

But, antibiotics causing depression...I am a skeptic. It's best to go with the simple explaination of your depression:

It's the lyme disease making you depressed. Or it's unresolved trauma from your past. Or it's an addiction. It's not the abx.

Pain, tinnitus, anxiety, fatigue, loss of vision... yes, they can all exacerbate or cause depression. But doxycyclene, I doubt it!?

More about abx in lyme treatment:

There is no difference between plant derived abx and factory manufactured abx. They both kill microbes. The Cowden protocol has natural abx in it. If you use the Cowden protocol you are using abx.

It's my understanding is that many LLMDs or LLNDs also use the same sequence described by Stephen on this board. They get you to a certain point in your treatment where most of the mass of bugs have died off using factory abx. Then they take care of the rest with natural abx. All the while supplementing and eating a diet right for you.

04/24/2012 01:22 PM
gofigure

For the Cowden Protocol to work the diet part is essential. No sugar, caffeine, alcohol. Limit carbs....pasta, bread, potatoes. Definitely no chocolate or sweet deserts. Limit fruit juice.

(I can hear the groans)

The basic idea is to limit all forms of sugar, which the little Lyme bugs love.

While most of the emphasis here is medical I think it helps to see a counselor. There are lots of issues that medications cannot address.

Stephen

Post edited by: gofigure, at: 04/24/2012 01:22 PM

04/24/2012 01:37 PM
ontong
ontongPosts: 269

I think those are great points, Stephen, meditation and seeing a therapist. It helps to have someone to listen to one's fears about being sick, what it is like being chronically ill....we deal with so many different issues as we fight this thing. Its good to have someone there to vent to.

And I have to imagine that meditation helps with immune system boosting.

04/24/2012 05:00 PM
gofigure

Yes...it reduces stress. I have been meditating daily since 1973.

05/13/2012 01:31 PM
Seschelll

Am so depressed also- try to have hope- but days pass and I only want to sleep. Has anyone taken any effective anti depressants? How are you feeling now- guess it goes along with this chronic disease. Hugs. SeSchel

05/16/2012 03:33 PM
beeincharge

Seschell- sorry I just saw this.

I tried about 5 different antidepressants last year. None of them worked for me, I actually felt worse on them. But that doesn't happen to everyone, so you could give one of the milder ones a try.

Celexa is supposed to be an easy one to take. I actually had better luck with it than the others, but I had an adverse reaction and had to stop it.

The ones I tried that didn't work were zoloft, elavil, wellbutrin, and lexapro. Lexapro is like stronger Celexa. I felt okay on the Celexa, but oddly went crazy on the Lexapro, I actually wanted to die when I was taking it. It made things worse for me.

I was looking into a natural antidepressant that I read about. I was planning to begin a new thread on it.

05/16/2012 04:17 PM
Seschelll

I sure relate- everything you said- my lyme dr said to do anything to move your body even if its in the chair or on the floor- move- even if 3 minutes and little weights - I use to cans of veggies for weights. But today I haven't felt like even the 3 minutes! Also she said meditate - its so difficult when in pain. Mine is abdominal but now headaches. I've started gluten- dairy - sugar free- organic- all new foods. Hang in there. SeSchell

05/16/2012 04:24 PM
beeincharge

That's a good idea to go gluten, sugar, dairy free. Watch out for artificial sweeteners. My GI says the only ones that don't cause GI distress are aspartame and stevia. Also, I only eat small snack-sized meals at a time. It works better for me. Good luck.

10/26/2012 03:52 PM
70volkser
70volkser  

Aspartame is terrible for you and full of GMOs!

http://aspartame.mercola.com/

Post edited by: 70volkser, at: 10/26/2012 03:52 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved