MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/18/2012 06:57 PM

Do you push yourself?

nank59
nank59  

I get so frustrated with myself when I do too much and know it - but, don't stop.

It always results in so much fatigue and pain. (As in - at this very moment.)

We have to live life, right?

What do you do...do you push yourself or exercise discipline? Ermm

Post edited by: nank59, at: 04/18/2012 07:10 PM

04/18/2012 07:07 PM
lymeinmich

ditto

I push and then regret it.

Hard no to with a special needs daughter.

Trying to keep my job as well.

And of course, staying up late on MD Junction Smile

04/18/2012 07:24 PM
pampe
pampe  
Group Leader

Pacing is the hardest thing to adjust to...........

04/18/2012 07:28 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

I push myself. But have been getting better at not pushing myself and respecting my limits.

Whenever I want to push myself I now stop and ask if it is worth the pain and exhaustion.

If I push today can I afford to be in bed all day the next?

04/18/2012 07:37 PM
mgriffis

I try to save up the pushing for things that are really important to me-- there are some things I refuse to let being sick keep me from doing.

But otherwise I try to pace myself so I can take advantage of those opportunities-- trying to find a balance between not being miserable and having a life.

04/18/2012 07:42 PM
nank59
nank59  

Trying to find the balance, too. I just don't want to disappoint others - I don't want to fall short. Sad

Selfishly, I don't want to be labeled.

Post edited by: nank59, at: 04/18/2012 07:59 PM

04/18/2012 08:55 PM
menuff
menuffPosts: 54

I have three young kids. Prior to getting really sick I worked with teens.

I don't so much worry about letting people down other than the kids.

I think I let myself down more (higher expectations for myself)

04/18/2012 10:11 PM
waxby
waxbyPosts: 4811
VIP Member

~~~Hello nan,

~ "Do you push yourself?" NO! Sometimes just walking to the next room may be enough!

``` Mitchell ```

04/18/2012 10:19 PM
wass

I feel a little ( or a lot ) guilty right about now. I'm 60, my kids are gone and I farm, so I've had the fall and winter to lick my wounds and fight the lyme. Every time I was tired, I could rest, and it seemed I needed plenty. I wish the rest of you could take it easy as I have and save your energy for the fight. I think it has payed off.

Dave

04/19/2012 01:11 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

as pam stated, PACE YOURSELF.

LEARN TO SAY NO will save you your sanity.

if WE don't take care of OURSELVES, who will? we can't care for others if we're so run down we can't help ourselves.

nan, i know your background since you shared with me privately; this is the time to start standing up for what is GOOD FOR YOU; not others.

when you're up to par and CHOSE to do things for others, it's your choice of knowing IF/WHEN you will suffer the consequences for overdoing it.

do i push myself here; yes, i get so involved here; i put off PEEING to answer 1 more post! shame on me Unsure Silly

bettyg, leaer

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved