MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/14/2012 08:32 PM

Lyme disease and 'visual snow' connection

bbl2011

Hi guys,

I have experienced what they call visual snow or Persistent Migraine Aura (PMA) for years, but really only in low light situations or the dark is it noticeable.

How many of you guys have this?

I read in this article here, it's been connected to Lyme:

http://eyeonvision.org/visual-snow.html

04/15/2012 12:43 AM
ten1988
ten1988  

I see this stuff. I think it has something to do with the lyme once it hits the CNS and brain. It messes something up causing us to see this.

04/15/2012 07:00 AM
bbl2011

ten 1988 - how bad is yours? If I look at a wall I can notice it a lot. It's always there, but doesn't affect my vision at all. I forget it's there. The only time it's really strong is at night. Still, doesn't affect my vision but it's all over everything.

04/15/2012 07:01 AM
runner64
runner64  

I've had this for a long time. Since July of 2010. As of 2 weeks ago, I have in only in low light and dark now. I have neuro lymes that hit my cns and brain.

I am so glad you found that link. Thankyou. Easier to show this than try to explain lol.

04/15/2012 08:55 PM
ten1988
ten1988  

Mine isnt horrible but i notice it. I have noticed it for a long time and never thought anything of it until you posted this. This and eye floaters have been my main problem now for a while.

Minocycline is useful in hitting the bacteria in the eyes. Wink

It actually almost looks like static that is moving in backwards circles...like groups of little bugs or something its odd. I have always wondered that maybe its related to some unknown infection like mycoplasma or something?

04/19/2012 07:53 PM
jddowns

runner64 -- "As of 2 weeks ago, I have in only in low light and dark now." Does this mean that yours is better now? If so, what helped?

ten1988 -- "Minocycline is useful in hitting the bacteria in the eyes." Do you know people whose visual snow has been helped by this?

Visual snow is the symptom that I have that affects my life more than any other. It affects my reading, my night driving (I don't anymore), and much more.

07/31/2012 11:55 AM
rez
rez  

Let's see, I have...

Palinopsia – A visual disturbance that causes images to persist to some extent even after their corresponding stimulus has left.

Tinnitus – Characterized by a noise or ringing in the ears.

Blue field entoptic phenomenon – Commonly known as Scheerer's phenomenon, it is the appearance of tiny bright dots which move quickly along squiggly lines in the visual field, when looking into bright blue light (most often the sky). This was my very first symptom! I swear I thought I was going insane.

Benign fasciculation syndrome – Characterized by twitching of various voluntary muscles in the body.

Eustachian tube problems – In addition to tinnitus, sufferers of visual snow often experience ear fullness as well as a clicking sound when swallowing. Didn't even realize this was unusual...

Floaters – Spots or specks that wander indiscriminately around in your visual field.

The only one I've noticed getting better since treatment is Blue field entoptic phenomenon.

Post edited by: rez, at: 07/31/2012 11:59 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved