MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/13/2012 07:38 PM

Homeopathic meds?

brooklyn13
brooklyn13  

Hi! If you are taking or have taken homeopathic meds for Bb and or Bart, would you please share your experience with me?

I'd greatly appreciate.

Thanks bunches!

brook Kissing

04/15/2012 09:38 AM
lymeinmich

Brooklyn,

I amd bumping this up it got burried, and I know many here are using naturals.

I unfortunately have no natural support, my LLMD only supports conventional. i believe homeopathic and naturopath are the same - correct?

From what I have learned on here, Byron White formulas have helped many. Try searching a-bart or Byron White. There are many posts here about it.

Many use Nutramedix products which I believe is the Cowden protocol.

Dr. Zhangs is another one, very pricey though. Garlic is a large part of his protocol.

Dr. Buhner has some good product too I believe. On his website he answers questions to anyone who inquires. I will look for the link.

Many use OOO (oil of oregano) and OLE (olive leaf extract). I believe these are for Lyme and Co-infections.

Well this is a start, and hopefully some members will chime in.

04/15/2012 09:59 AM
lymeinmich

buhnerhealinglyme.com

Lots of good help there. click on co-infections, then whichever one you want to research. It brings up a list of topics. Theses are actual questions people submitted, and he answers them. He gives meds and doses.

I find it refreshing that he doesn't make people but the book , he helps everyone who asks.

04/15/2012 10:00 AM
Avalon
Avalon  

Hi Brooklyn,

I've been using homeopathic remedies from the beginning of treatment and I have the same reactions as people do to antibiotics. Herxing is the same for me.

I believe naturals are easier on our bodies in the long run then antibiotic treatments, but there's no easy way with Lyme.

I hope you feel better soon.

04/15/2012 10:16 AM
lymeinmich

Avalon,

Do you treat with any coventionals, ot strictly homeopathic?

04/15/2012 11:58 AM
Holly123
Holly123  

yes i have used homeopathics to treat both lyme and bart and brucella, the bartonella nosode was by deseret biologicals.. and then i used the ledum palsture 6cc for the lyme to start with..

i feel like the Deseret biologicals definitely made me herx like i have never herxed before.. but the herx was too intense for me..

The ledum palsture is very effective in my case but i started to have thyroid problems so i started taking

Thyroid support from natura bio and it seems the ledum is not working when i am on this one..

pls remember use the homeopathics properly in the case of the Deseret biologicals for me they caused intense herxing to the point my hair started to turn grey..

04/15/2012 03:55 PM
brooklyn13
brooklyn13  

Thank you ladies, I really appreciate your feedback.

lymeinmich: To address your question - I believe..... homeopathic is the bacteria itself in minute doses, used to stimulate ones immune system to begin killing off the pathogens. I have this method now but haven't started it b/c I'm scared, esp without a thyroid gland! Sad( Whereas natural is using herbals.

04/16/2012 03:31 PM
brooklyn13
brooklyn13  

Here's more on Homeopathics:

Homeopathy is the art and science of healing by safe, gentle, and natural methods. The word is coined from the Greek word ‘homoios' meaning like or similar and ‘pathos' meaning suffering. It works on the principle of 'similia similibus curentur' (Let like be cured with like) which means that anything that will cause a disease in a healthy person when given in large doses, will also cure when treated with micro doses of potentized homeopathic medicines made from the same substance. This substance will help to stimulate the body's own healing power to fight the illness. This concept has been known since Hippocrates in 450 BC, and has been further developed down the ages until full scientific examination was undertaken by a German allopathic physician, Dr. Samuel Hahnemann in the eighteenth century.

09/27/2012 10:25 AM
piscesgirl36

I have just started Deseret Biological's FNG and LYM less than a week ago. My homeopath told me that taking them is like teaching your body a lesson on how to fight off the infection on it's own. She also told me less is more with homeopathic remedies. You shouldn't be taking so much that you are herxing hard. It's not like taking antibiotics or herbs where if you herx you need to just keep going. Your body isn't learning the lesson if it is overreacting. If one drop does it, that's a different story and it could be the wrong thing for you. She advised 5 drops of each 3x a day initially, but the LYM tincture gave me flu like symptoms and vertigo, so I dropped down to 2 drops for now, which is much better. You just have to adjust the dose for your body's own needs and listen to what it's telling you. It's trial and error.

09/29/2012 09:24 PM
yosemites

I have used the Deseret Biologics for Lyme. My ND had me take one series of 10 vials (each a different dose) along w/the Rocky Mtn. Spotted Fever (both nosodes.) Then a couple months later she had me take the same series for Lyme in reverse order. (I didn't take the RMSF again).

Now she has me on the Deseret Bio. for Taxoplasmosis -

I did react to the Lyme one - NOT on the doses they said could be a problem. I get sleepy on the days I take the toxoplasmosis series.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved