MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/10/2012 05:49 PM

What foods can I eat?(page 2)

mem2416

So we know the things we can't eat, what the hell can we eat that has some sort of a substance? This is terrible! I'm so sick of lettuce and eggs, I'm going to go crazy!

04/10/2012 07:45 PM
ten1988
ten1988  

I think it really depends on how sick you really are and your immune function at the time. All meats are okay to eat, but i would stick with turkey or chicken. Fish is good but some types aee high in mercury.

My llmd says its okay to have whole grains like brown rice, or 100% whole grain bread ONLY. Nothing white. I still try to stay away from bread though as much as i can, but i like turkey sandwiches on wheat bread here & there.

No dairy. As many raw leafy green veggies as you can throw in your diet will be good for you. Cauliflower. Broccoli. Lemon water. I have heard of drinking water mixed with baking soda to produce an alkaline effect also if im correct.

Over time if sticking to something of ONLY this type of diet, the body will begin healing and become used to this type of eating and the bacteria will STARVE. They will begin to want to get out of the body and this will aid the meds you are taking also.

04/10/2012 07:45 PM
ten1988
ten1988  

Hanna you can eat meat..Unless you dont like it?? Smile

04/10/2012 07:56 PM
nank59
nank59  

My ND has me on a no beef, limited chicken & turkey, and high consumption of fish diet - for anti-inflammatory reasons.

Lots of fruits and veggies - certain ones are better than the other.

No dairy.

No wheat products.

04/11/2012 02:55 AM
ten1988
ten1988  

I love fish just gotta watch the mercury levels, as ppl with lyme already probably are harboring more heavy metals.

04/11/2012 03:40 AM
nank59
nank59  

Yes, it's fun isn't it? Eat this, don't eat that! What can we eat anymore!?

04/11/2012 10:41 AM
mem2416

so fruits are ok?

04/11/2012 11:13 AM
nank59
nank59  

Not dried fruit...too much sugar.

04/13/2012 08:54 AM
WiscLamLymie
WiscLamLymie  
Group Leader

runner, you crack me up! You win a virtual chocolate bunny... (aww, that was mean, wasn't it? Wink )

yosemites, peanut butter (preferably without added sugar) is ok. Organic peanuts still would harbor mold. Sad But I personally have eaten a few without issue.

It's just a reality that I wouldn't want to hide from anyone. they CAN have mold and usually do in such small amounts that we don't feel any effect, as our bodies naturally should be able to keep the mold at bay. But when ill with chronic infection like Lyme, etc., that's when we can have the big problems with mold.

That's all. Go sparingly, and if you see an issue arise, then you know you have to stop with a certain food. Talk with your LLMD about it, and/or use your own best judgement. That's what we all need to do. Smile

And as for the carbs in fruits and many veggies, you are correct. Those should be eaten with a good protein, and not a ton of the higher-carb foods. A small portion of corn is better than a large portion of corn, or a portion of candy any day. Wink

IMHO, we shouldn't cut fruits out altogether, but we can decrease the amounts we eat. And of course, some are better on the glycemic index for us than others as well.

This is all a ball of crazy most days. We do what we can, and the best we can, and no one can ask for anything more than that. You keep your chin up, and remember that we all are rooting for each other here. Smile No condemnation.

Lauren

04/13/2012 02:24 PM
runner64
runner64  

WiscLamLymie, I was just..................how funny! A virtual chocolate bunny!! Ha ha!! (You have a very dark side.... )

Here is a link that shows fruit with a high and low sugar content as said above. Lower are typically raspberry's, strawberrys, apples etc.

I don't know how accurate this is but it also lists the grams of sugar in the high and low sugar fruits.

No chocolate bunnies at all on this list. Not even in the shape of an apple. Sad

http://blissreturned.wordpress.com/2012/02/05/fruits-and- vegetable-list-of-low-and-high-sugar-fruit-and-vegetable/

Post edited by: runner64, at: 04/13/2012 02:33 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved