MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/06/2012 12:00 PM

Cumanda, Samento, and Cowden Support Program

Nina777

I just came across this info -

http://www.nutramedix.ec/pdfs/cumanda_flyer_Bs.pdf

http://www.nutramedix.ec/ns/lyme-protocol

Has anyone been treated with these natural herbal remedies? I have been taking doxy 400mg per day for 3 months and feel aweful. Most of the research I have done states that abx is the only way.

If there was a successful herbal remedy out there that had little or no side effects then I'd certainly try it instead of abx.

Is this one too good to be true?

03/06/2012 04:43 PM
WiscLamLymie
WiscLamLymie  
Group Leader

Anyone have experience with these?

03/06/2012 04:51 PM
mem6583

I use some of the Cowden herbs in conjunction with abx, as recommended by my LLMD.

He says Samento is a good all purpose anti-microbial for Lyme & co-infections. Both my son (11 yrs old) and I are on it, and will be throughout our treatment.

I am also on Quina now for Babesia, and my son is on Noni (also for Babesia). I was on Noni previously - our LLMD seems to use Noni as the first wave to attack babs.

I was on Cumanda for a while for Bartonella, and will be starting it up again.

I have used Burbur previously for detox, and it seemed to work well. I'm on Pekana spagyrics now instead, though.

I have been on these herbs in conjunction with Cefdenir and azithromycin, though. Was not on them while on doxy. Was on doxy only the first 6 weeks of treatment.

03/06/2012 04:51 PM
jomomma

We just started on naturals last week. We are taking samento, cumanda, burbur, & agrisept (grapefruit seed extract). My abx were tearing up my guts & I am feeling better then I did on the abx & it did cause me to herx but that is getting better.

My hubby & children were not on the abx as long as me but I didn't want it to wear them down too so we all switched. I did herx & it isn't as hard on me as the abx but I haven't been taking them that long to know how good they are...

04/16/2012 11:09 AM
maria19

I was introduced to Samento in 2004 & I've been taking it ever since. I began with the gradual dosage and it took a little while to kick in but I then felt so much better after 30 odd years of illness. I also take Simba ( African Potato tuber from Littleherbal co)which balances the immune system. Nowadays I take about 3 drops daily Samento & 1 Simba capsule as a maintenance dose. I've never stopped taking them as I'm scared I may relapse. So far so good!

I don't like pharmaceutical drugs and they don't like me! I much prefer these natural remedies & I've had no bad side effects after 8 years!I just got my life back Smile

04/16/2012 03:32 PM
Nina777

Thank you for the info Maria. I have been on Samento for a couple of weeks now and am up to 12 drops 3 times a day. I can't say at this stage if it is making a difference as I have been suffering with nausea for several weeks, which began before starting the Samento.

I'm glad that it has helped you and I will stick with it. My LLND wants me to switch between Samento and Banderol every 2 weeks and work up to 20 drops 3 times a day. Have you ever taken Banderol? And what is the highest dose of Samento you've taken in the past?

I will ask my LLND about Simba when I see him this week. I hope to get my life back too someday Smile

Blessings.

05/15/2012 10:29 AM
maria19

Hi Nina

I haven't taken Banderol so can't say what it's like. I have taken Cumanda though and sometimes alternate it with Samento.The highest dose of Samento I've ever taken was about 10 drops 3 times daily. But that was after a very gradual build up. I began with half a drop as it did give me herx symptoms to start with & some diarrhoea. My Dr explained that this was a good sign that it was working & killing off the parasites. Do persevere with it .... herbal treatments seem to take that little bit longer to have a beneficial effect on the body. When you've been sick for so long just remember the treatment has a lot of work to do in ridding the body of so many toxins! it's not a quick fix!

I wish you well Smile Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved