MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/01/2012 07:23 AM

Lyme and positive Ana

Volleygirl

I was diagnosed with Lyme disease last year after 20years of random symptoms. At the time I was diagnosed I also was Ana positive with antibodies for sjogrens ssb. Currently I am being treated for Lyme with 1000mg per day of clarithromycin and pulsing factive. I am having high anxiety, swelling and burning hands and knees. I keep freaking out that I have something else based on the positive Ana and ssb. Can those occur because of chronic Lyme.

03/01/2012 07:34 AM
GlitchyMomma
GlitchyMomma  

I know the others will chime in to answer your question. I'm just stopping by for support!

Welcome to the board!

Glitchy

03/01/2012 08:05 AM
Volleygirl

Thanks, I feel like I am losing it with constantly searching for reasons I am not getting much better. I tend to be a little OCD, but it now seems out of control. My llmd says that Lyme just makes anxiety and/or OCD worse. Why can't I just accept the Lyme diagnosis. I lately have been obsessing that there must be something else wrong since my Ana and ssb are positive. It's definitely making me crazy.

03/01/2012 03:51 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

hi Wink

please EDIT and break up your post using my posting guidelines below; we neuro lyme folks can't read it as is. thanks for helping us help you Wink

bettyg, leader

Welcome to MD JUNCTION! I'm so glad you found us! You've come to the right place for education and support!

Private messages DELETED in 30 days!

ARCHIVE, upper right!

My WELCOME LETTER is posted at the top of SUPPORT FORUM in sticky pin full of good info and HYPERLINKS ready to be read.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/general-support/2356916-bettygs-welcome-letter-wgood- beginner-links-

The most important things are at the top; MUST READ and print off as mentioned there already to start your lyme/co-infection journey with us all.

The 1st things to do are:

• JOIN LYME BOARD;

• Post in LLMD REQUEST FORUM for a LYME LITERATE md; see my welcome letter and the INSTRUCTIONS there if you are SPECIALLY FROM CALIF. Where it's broken down into 8 NAMED AREAS.

• You'll need to give me my calif. NAMED area where you live in the areas shown there in SUBJECT LINE plus if it's for ADULT or a child; we need age of CHILD; some llmds have AGE restrictions.

• OTHER STATES will show the SPECIFIC NAME OF THEIR STATE and closest, largest city to them in SUBJECT line plus adult or child; UNDER 21; we need their age!.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/llmd-info/Itemid=217/func=post/do=reply

• Also, I'll need the following info in your request post:

in your llmd request, please EDIT and add more info ok.

Are you UNDER AGE 21;; if yes, I need your age shown as some of our llmds have AGE RESTRICTIONS; thanks!

how long you've been sick

if you've tested for lyme/co-infections;

which labs doing work for which specific test, etc.

did you have western blot igm/igg done by igenex?

if yes, what were the POSITIVE & INDETERMINDED numbers; NOT negatives.

thanks for understanding; just EDIT your post. you can find all by going to left MY DISCUSSIONS, click on it.

after you add more, i'll send you names ok.

just send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE left side, giving me the direct link to come to here, and i'll send you the names ok big thanks.

Betty's suggested posting guidelines:

NO ALL CAPS POSTS; they are illegible to me/other neuro folks!

Many of members have neuro lyme, and it is hard to read long solid block text and be able to comprehend; example, me, 42 yrs. neuro chronic lyme, so we are UNABLE to comprehend and read. Thank you for helping us help YOU

please post in short paragraphs like you see below or look at a few other posts, but we neuro folks need them short.

1-2 sentences MAX per paragraph and hit ENTER TWICE to doublespace between each paragraph. We've lost our comprehension skills to read solid block text.

we neuros lose our train of thought if the sentence is broken up in the middle; so please keep an ENTIRE sentence together as ONE. hugs

For easier reading, please edit your post. You can break up your longer paragraphs into smaller paragraphs. Please hit

ENTER key twice after each paragraph.

Go to left hand corner; click edit send. Then go to bottom and click SUBSCRIBE TO THIS DISCUSSION.

Thank you for posting in a manner that makes it easier for all to read and help others.

Bettyg, llmd coordinator/group leader/iowa activist

03/01/2012 06:37 PM
benniferobin
benniferobin  

my doc says that many or most of his lyme patients have a high ana (including me). he also said that ALL of his patients have a normal ana once they reach remission after treatment

03/02/2012 09:44 AM
Volleygirl

That is good to know. I am not sure if it's just the lyme that is making me completely freak out or if I just have extreme anxiety. I can't stop obsessing that the lyme might be something else. Have you also had extreme anxiety with your lyme?

Thanks for your response. Any reassurance is very helpful.

03/02/2012 04:49 PM
benniferobin
benniferobin  

lyme causes so many different symptoms including anxiety. if your llmd believes you have lyme then you can be pretty confident that the lyme is screwing up everything else and causing a million different symptoms. i have had anxiety in the past and i know how devastating everything an feel. i do have some anxiety now but it is more when i am out in public and have my lyme symptoms come on then i get anxious about the loss of control (lightheaded, dizzy, foggy, etc). but i can empathize. it will all get better with treatment!

03/02/2012 06:40 PM
runner64
runner64  

I was diagnosed with Sjogren's month before last. I knew he was wrong. I was too sick with "outerwordly" cognitive impairment symptoms I explained but he didn't want to understand.

He said Sjorgren's with joint inflammation.

I have tested positive for mycos and next month I get tested for Lymes as I'm really super nuero.

From the researchers and the scientists that are honest, it seems much of these auto immune signals are pathogens. I'm glad I trusted my gut.

I have now made a few friends with lyme, and one has extreme anxiety. I don't. Just nuero broken short sleep.

xo

Post edited by: runner64, at: 03/02/2012 06:42 PM

03/04/2012 06:51 AM
Volleygirl

Thanks for your quick responses. Did any of you with a positive ANA have any other positives like the ssa or ssb? I actually think the anxiety is the biggest part of my problem right now.

03/04/2012 08:01 AM
SB144

I agree Lyme causes positive ANA. I myself have been tested positive for lyme and positive for ANA.

However when my rheumy tested me for lupus and sjogen's the test came back negative. Negative MRI for MS.

So I am pretty sure the lyme is the reason for my positive ANA, and my current symptoms.Despite the fact that not one of my 3

doctors (pcp, rheumy, neuro) want to admit that I still have lyme!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved