MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/14/2012 08:28 PM

Babesia and Ehrlichia test negative but how accura

albaregina

I had a Babesia and Ehrlichia test which came out negative but how accurate is that test? I would like to get tested for Mycoplasma and Bartonella as well. Any advice? Thanks

02/18/2012 06:01 AM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Albargeina.. Just like the tests for Lyme Disease, some tests for co-infections are not reliable enough to present a conclusive answer.

Some co-infection tests rely on the body's antibody response to the presence of the bacteria. The test doesn't actually test for the bacteria itself.

Since co-infections are capable of hiding in biofilms along with Lyme and other bacteria, the immune system can not reach them. Biofilms provide protection from the immune system and antibiotics.

If the immune system can not reach them, then no antibodies are made.

02/21/2012 06:58 AM
albaregina

Thanks. Thats so disheartening. Well I am taking doxy and macrolide and panequin in case i do have these co infections. I do have GI problems after the attack and the abx dont seem to be helping. maybe it just takes time. Thanks for your response.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved