MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/14/2012 07:32 PM

Increased Colds

glittermedic
glittermedic  

Since starting treatment last month, I have been sick with colds almost constantly? Are the antibiotics ruining my immune system?

Any tips on how to not get sick?

02/14/2012 07:49 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

That tells me that your immune system is starting to kick back into gear & is fighting infections & viruses. Before, your immune system was so compromised you body wasn't able to fight off the infections because it was in reserve, saving energy.

Basically, your body was too sick to fight.

02/14/2012 07:57 PM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Antibiotics always destroy anything that is living. It's in the name. Anti meaning "no or against" and bio meaning "Life".

Make sure you're taking a good probiotic to replenish the good bacteria that the antibiotics kills in your digestive tract. Some 80% of your immune system resides in the digestive system.

You need to have a plethora of good bacteria to help break down food and absorb vitamins and minerals which are essential to a properly working immune system.

Also, you don't need to wash your hands after everything you do. Your body needs to build resistance some how and it can't do this is one lives a completely sterile life style.

Make sure you're eating live, raw and whole foods. The enzymes and nutrients in them are essential for a properly functioning body.

Samento is not only a great antibacterial but an excellent immune system modulator. It increases the activity of white blood cells.

02/15/2012 10:43 AM
glittermedic
glittermedic  

Cool, thanks for the help! This current cold is kicking my butt... I feel like I could just lay around all day.

02/15/2012 11:19 AM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

No problem! Just remember to drink enough water and get enough sleep.

It's these simple acts that we do everyday that are the foundation for a healthy body.

Not some abstract super pill we all yearn for.

02/15/2012 07:28 PM
glittermedic
glittermedic  

I sleep SO much, I can't function without it =) I just got over a severe vomiting spell... that seems to happen every time I get a cold. I don't know if my immune system gets so depressed that it can't handle a cold and Lyme. It's terrible though.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved