MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/30/2009 07:26 PM

antibotic/garlic

Hardhitter

i'm taking antibotics along with garlic and was wondering if it would be a good idea to take them together. I try for raw but fry a majority up in some coconut oil is this ok or is raw the only way to go for killing lime

01/30/2009 10:40 PM
Snickers
Snickers  

I think it is ok to take garlic while you are taking antibiotics. My doctor has me on antibiotics and told me to continue also with my garlic. I was doing garlic pills which I know aren't as good as the real thing. From what I can gather about garlic is that raw is always the best way to go if you can manage to do that. If you can't handle doing it raw then get it down however you can. I have heard of plenty of people cooking it and I am sure that it still helps them. I feel that I benefit from mine and it is just in pill form.

Take Care,

Pam Smile

01/31/2009 02:24 AM
fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi hardhitter,

Yes, it should be no problem to take garlic while taking ab's. I've not heard of an antibiotic that is affected by garlic, but you can always check drug interactions at this website: www.drugdigest.org

As snickers stated, it IS best to get your garlic raw if you can handle it that way, but if not, try throwing it into the cooking in the last few minutes instead of starting the meal off with cooking as you normally would. The longer it cooks, the less of the active ingredient will be in it. It is good in pill form because the active ingredient is actually extracted from the raw garlic. Smile

Hope this helps some. *hugs*

jen Smile

01/31/2009 03:54 AM
Julie4848

Have you tried baking it...SO YUMMIE that is how I eat mine (Twice a day at times) but I love Garlic...

01/31/2009 05:50 AM
jaime1978
jaime1978  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

garlic is a wonderful natural antibiotic, anti everything really. it's awesome stuff. Should be fine to take with your other abx, most of us have. and if you're gonna cook it up, in coconut oil is awesome. I think that's the main ingredient of the lauracidin I talk about, it also has some wonderful properties about it.

raw is best, but I certainly can't do it that way. and supps are always another option, but I think you're doing just fine.

jaime

01/31/2009 08:40 AM
Hardhitter

Wow I'm amazed of all the replies I got from last night to early this morning thank u. I'm a 20 year old college student trying to fight to this infection where I do drink but imma limit it 2 to crazy nights a week and do smoke occasionally. My main stuff is going to be my omnicef, garlic, and oregano leaf oil with grain alchol and wprmood with grain alchohol. Was it bad to get the one with alcohol in it?

01/31/2009 11:19 PM
Hardhitter

???????

02/01/2009 05:56 AM
Adwoman
Adwoman  

raw garlic sure stops my herx

02/02/2009 02:57 AM
fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hardhitter,

Grain alcohol is basically ethanol, and most compounded meds, like Samento and Cumanda come in ethanol, up to about 20-25%, so I would imagine that your meds would be fine in grain alcohol. Hope that helps.

*hugs*

jen Smile

02/02/2009 06:03 AM
Adwoman
Adwoman  

I used garlic to help with the herx symptomns. It does work.

Don't cook it. That destroys the properties you need

Adwoman

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved