MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/07/2012 04:13 PM

Freezing Cold and can't get warm.

Crayfish
Crayfish  

I live in Michigan and this happens to all of us every once in a while but I started taking Houttunyia capsules today to see if I would have any reaction.

It started at about 3:00 pm and it is now 7:00 pm and I have been trying to get warm for hours. My hands and feet are ice cold and my husband says they are freezing to touch.

I am now under my electric blanket and finally warming up. I have to go out in 20 minutes to pick up my daughter. Brrrrrr.

Could this be the Houttenyia symptom?

emphasized since houttenyia wasn't mentioned in subject line. bettyg, leader

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 02/07/2012 04:36 PM

02/07/2012 05:00 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

I don't know if it is a reaction to the capsules you started today.

But I do know I go through periods where I'm freezing and can't get warm. I'll bury myself under 7 or 8 blankets and throw on a hat - that's the only way to keep warm. The second I get out from the covers I'm freezing again.

This happens to me throughout the year. And I live in AZ - so it gets over 120 here - yet I will still be FREEZING. Some days I will go out and sit in my hot car in the summer - just to get warm.

02/07/2012 06:33 PM
Losthorizon4

You know, I had this problem but wasn't taking herbal(?) you mentioned.

I took my body temp at 8 am and 7pm for over a week. My evening temp averaged 95.0 degrees! (94.6 at lowest!) and morning never got above 96.4.

Thought the thermometer was broke... nope, same on another. Then was convinced I must be dying... isn't that hypothermia?!

Doc put me on low dose thyroid med even though my earlier test# didn't indicate. Warmed right up and helped boost effect of all meds. She's monitoring my thyroid through blood tests to make sure #s stay stable. Is of the opinion to treat the clinical picture rather than just numbers.

Don't know if you've taken your temp, but I would recommend it and be sure to talk to doc if low.

I did some research on low body temps... looks like lyme LOVES low body temps and it also makes more favorable environment for all sorts of bad bad illness.

Good luck. Smile

02/07/2012 07:31 PM
WiscLamLymie
WiscLamLymie  
Group Leader

I also cannot regulate my body temp. I also. Any sweat. Part of dysautonomia which Lyme has caused.

I hope and pray that my body heals of this once the Lyme is licked. I have to sleep in sweats, socks, and an electric blanket or I dont sleep at all bc of the cold.

A hot bath is good , too, but after my bath this eve I couldn't cool down and was too warm. I feel like I'm cold blooded. Smile

You're not alone and I don't think it's the hout. But maybe it is. I'm not an expert. Sorry I can't be of more help!

02/07/2012 10:08 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

WiscLam - Careful with the electric blanket - my doctor made me get rid of mine - EMFs are too high.

I am on thyroid support. My ND ran every thyroid test there was, even the autoimmune and genetic ones that are really rare.

This is one symptom I chalk up to Lyme 100%. And WiscLam - totally with you on the cold blooded thing LOL...

Hoping it eases up with treatment.

02/07/2012 11:13 PM
Crayfish
Crayfish  

My electric blanket will be the last thing they may pry from my cold dead hands if they can. ; - )~

02/08/2012 07:23 AM
WiscLamLymie
WiscLamLymie  
Group Leader

I try to have it warm up the bed and my feet before I go to sleep so I can turn it off for the actual sleeping time. But some days I can't.

It's funny because my thyroid is on the opposite side of the spectrum from typical Lymies. I am leaning more toward hyper thyroid!

So weird. I pray it does ease up with tx. I would love to sweat again!!! LOL (Mind you, my underarms still sweat. That doesn't count. "Creases don't count" in autonomic testing. That's the only place I do sweat! Nothing else. Not good.)

Anyway, I know, I hate the EMF thing. But it's sleep or no sleep. We all know who wins there. HA!

You guys are all great... <3

02/08/2012 07:53 AM
TRL
TRL  

I agree with Lost Horizon. It is really important to keep your body warm- another lyme killer. I also will not let go of my electric blanket. I always have on 3 layers and wear a hat. I hear that you should be on the verge of sweating all the time.

When I have a herx that keeps me chilled, I sometimes would take really hot baths and then put on fleece afterward. That would help and often would induce a good sweat. Now I have a sauna which is a lifesaver, perhaps literally.

01/30/2013 11:22 PM
LightTravel
LightTravelPosts: 31

I'm relieved to find that I'm not the only one with this symptom. It only happened to me for the first time last week. I was under my electric blanket on a high #, could barely feel my legs, and they still wouldn't get warm. Scary. Sad

01/30/2013 11:58 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

if you are a DIABETIC, have heating pad on LOW ONLY; we canburn ourselves since we have neuropathy.

good luck. bettyg, iowa diabetic

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved