MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/02/2012 02:03 PM

Extreme fatigue

glittermedic
glittermedic  

Hello everyone, hope youre all having a good day. Bear with me, I know I have been posting a lot of questions on here, but I'm new at this =)

I was diagnosed with Lyme and started on Doxy 6 days ago. I have noticed some intermittent symptom improvement (yesterday was completely pain-free!)

Yesterday and today, I have been extremely fatigued. I slept 12 hours each night, and I still felt like I could curl up and sleep for 12 more!

I also was very hungry the past 2 days.. when lately, I have had no appetite at all

Is this my body fighting the infection?

Thanks in advance

02/02/2012 02:06 PM
sebnova81
sebnova81  

Get used to it! I was very up and down, especially at the beginning. I am a little over 2 months into doxy and a month into other meds and I feel like I don't go up and down so much like that anymore.

It's totally normal to be starving all day one day and the next have no appetite. Also, I could have slept 12 hrs a night EASY.

Oh, the life of lyme...

02/02/2012 02:10 PM
glittermedic
glittermedic  

Ugh, it's taking some getting used to...

I see your blood work results are the same as mine... positive for westerb blot, igm 23 and 41...

How are you tested for babesia and bartonella? Is it just a blood draw? I have an appointment in 2 weeks and I want to be tested for co-infection

02/02/2012 02:31 PM
sebnova81
sebnova81  

My LLMD did a TON of bloodwork and I came back positive for babesia. I was nervous to start another new med, but so far it hasn't been too bad!

02/02/2012 02:53 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

There are tests for Co-infections.

However, most are unreliable, so the diagnosis is often clinical.

Extreme fatigue - debilitating full body fatigue is a "red flag" for Babesia.

However, since you just started doxy 6 days ago - this could be a herx.

But everyone should be tested for, examined for co-infections.

Rest, rest, rest.

purple.

02/02/2012 10:51 PM
nank59
nank59  

Time lapse between contracting Lyme and Doxy was over two months. Fatigue became worse during the time lapse. I would go for several days of sleeping at least 12 hours and not even getting our of pj's. I would have to force myself to shower.

A few days after being on Doxy - I herxed. Symptoms were pretty severe for about four days (including the fatigue), then improved.

After about three weeks, had another round of either herx or flare-up.

It's been a roller coaster ever since.

Have some sort of flare-up about every three to four weeks. AND...there are times when I am having a decent day, only to suddenly become weak and fatigued. Some days I awake fatigued.

My appetite is also up and down. I do find myself going through periods of extreme hunger.

02/03/2012 04:39 AM
glittermedic
glittermedic  

So it's pretty much hit or miss... At least I know to expect nothing haha. I'm glad to at least know the doxy is doing something...

Woke up crazy fatigued today, can barely keep my eyes open.. But no nausea, so life is good Smile

Have a good day !

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved