MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/01/2012 06:15 AM

gallbladder cleanse, sorry for the topic!

jomomma

I NEVER thought I would yell "woo-hoo" while looking in to the toilet but.... today was that day!

I NEVER thought I would be so happy to see gall stones floating in the toilet, but they were a very nice sight for this sore behind!

I have to drink my last cup of salt water (which is HELL to drink) at 9:30 then it is over! I do hope this is what was causing me my pain, but even after having the runs this week with my pain & everything that came out & all the salt water I have had to drink & apple juice I have NEVER had a clear BM.

I had to do it for a colonoscopy, I required 2 of the preps & it still wasn't clear, I am really FULL OF IT I guess!

02/01/2012 09:12 AM
Imagene

What kind of cleanse did you use? Just curious in case I need to do mine sometime.

02/01/2012 09:16 AM
jomomma

It was rough but worth it! I started by drinking organic apple juice, then I mixed 4 tablespoons of epson salts with 4 cups of water. At 6 pm I drank 1 cup of the salt water then 2 hrs later another cup of it.

Right before I went to bed I took the juice from an organic grapefruit & 2 lemons & mixed it with 1/2cup of walnut oil that I got at the health food store & I drank that & laid down on my side right away & went to sleep.

Then at 7:30 this morning I drank another cup of salt water & then at 9:30 I drank the last cup, now I am drinking apple juice again & will start by eating fruit soon & then after lunch time I can go back to eating "light"regular food.

It is amazing how many "stones" came out so far! It doesn't hurt but it was sooooooo hard to drink that stuff!I cheated I had to drink apple juice with the water today. I just couldn't do it.

I would put some of the apple juice in my mouth hold my nose & with a straw drink as much salt water as I could then take another sip of the apple juice... it was awful tasting but much better than surgery!

They say you should give it 6 weeks & do it again then one or two times a years because of how we eat. I am good for now!

02/01/2012 10:45 AM
GWB

Where did you get this recipe from? Glad you got all those stones out! Has it helped significantly with the pain?

Gary

02/01/2012 10:46 AM
sebnova81
sebnova81  

wow! I didn't know you could even ingest epsom salts. That is crazy that it worked so well!

02/01/2012 10:56 AM
GlitchyMomma
GlitchyMomma  

I don't have a gallbladder anymore, but I have to ask. How did you know you passed any 'stones'?

Did your BM look different than normal? Gross I know.

Seb, yes epson salt is really magnesium sulfate...not actually 'salt'. You can take it as a laxative. Directions are on the carton/bag. Think Milk of Magnesia Wink.

02/01/2012 10:58 AM
jomomma

my mom's friend did it because they wanted to remove hers but if you type in gallbladder cleanse you will pull up a bunch of them. Epsom salts are actually a saline laxative,I never realized it either.

I just now ate a baked potato I have a little cramping on the left (ovary area) but I had most of my pain on the right side, so I will update ya' once this is all settled in me & I am done going to the bathroom!

They do say you should repeat it in like 6 weeks because the stones from the back will push forward & you need to expel them too. This was easy on the body as far as not having any pain, it was painless, but drinking that stuff was a bit hard to swallow!

Then they say 1 or 2 times a year is what we should all do based on the "american" diet.

I will have to be honest it was simple, didn't require a lot of time (2 days) but it was hard to drink salt water & oil, so if I end up in discomfort i will do it again, but not like I am marking my 6 weeks on the calendar! Wink

02/01/2012 11:05 AM
sebnova81
sebnova81  

wow, this is super interesting to me. I don't have any gall bladder problems that I know of, but my mom always did and ended up having to get it removed. I wonder if I should do this once a year just as a preventative measure?

02/01/2012 11:33 AM
jomomma

That's what they say we should do! I never had any issues with mine either before 2 weeks ago & I still don't know if that was my problem, but stuff came out & it didn't need to be there! It was kind of cool to see that green "peas" floating in the water!(thats what it looked like!)

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved