MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/29/2012 01:28 PM

Esophagus closing off.(page 2)

purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

trustinjc -

I get it at either Sprouts (a natural foods store) or Whole Foods.

I use both the Lily of the Desert and the Aloe Life brand.

The Lily of the Desert I can only tolerate if I mix it in something like carrot juice (it can be bitter).

The Aloe Life has a Stomach Formula that tastes like a tea, so I drink that straight.

I know you can order them online if you can't find them in a store.

Some people like plain aloe juice - they say it's refreshing. But I have weird taste buds. So just try it and see. Make sure you get a formula that is for drinking.

03/11/2012 10:28 AM
tizmo
tizmo  

The esophagus problems are back. Feels like I have a pill stuck in my throat all the time. I would really like to know what this is from. I have been having gall bladder problems to which make my mouth raw/sore so maybe it's some how related.

03/11/2012 12:01 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

Hi tizmo.

I honestly 100% understand. I have had episodes of this. Feels like something is stuck, food goes slowly. And mine progresses to a "swallowing glass" type feeling. To the point I don't even want to swallow my saliva it hurts so much.

Basic questions first -

Do you have mouth sores right now?

Have you cut out all gluten? If yes - are you eating anything that could be contaminated with gluten?

What food have you eaten lately? Anything that would trigger your gall bladder?

If it isn't diet, then I don't really have a good answer for what is causing it but I can tell you what has helped me.

1. Diet - no Gluten, nightshades, or sugar for me. I also avoid processed foods.

2. Pepto. I hate the stuff, but I was desperate the last time this happened. I swallowed one dose every 4 hours (keep apart from your antibiotics) for the first day. It wasn't helping much, but by the second day it was about half gone. Continued with the Pepto every 6-8 hours. Did one more day of it, by the third day it was gone.

Pepto does have aluminum in it, but with this pain I was desperate and it was worth it to me. Only needed it for 3 days.

3. Aloe Juice. I drink this daily. It seems to keep it away and keep it from happening. Haven't had to do anymore Pepto. This has been my greatest overall help.

4. GERD meds. I get GERD from the antibiotics, so this is just a helpful preventative. I have tried using herbal remedies/treatments instead but they don't seem to work for me.

*hugs* for you. I hope you feel better soon.

03/11/2012 01:16 PM
tizmo
tizmo  

thank you purpleyogamat

03/11/2012 03:27 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

hugs, what comes to my mind is BARRETT'S ESOPHAGUS; other lyme folks have had this.

will attach these for your info,

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/medicine-treatments/3551419-swallowing- difficulty#3551419

SWALLOWING DIFFICULTIES

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/medicine-treatments/3508185-ribsupset- stomachfunctional-dyspepsia-in-adults

ribs upset-stomach functional-dyspepsia-in-adults, deals w/SWALLOWING ISSUES/VOMITING TOO!

hugs/prayers, bettyg, leader

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 03/11/2012 03:32 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved