MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/25/2012 09:48 PM

Why are my legs hurting so badly??

nank59
nank59  

Just out of the blue, my legs started aching terribly tonight. It's as if the muscles are being wrung out.

I forced myself to get on the exercise bike, hoping it would help. It actually did for just a very short while. Now, it's back.

My arms are aching, too. Just not as severe.

01/25/2012 09:50 PM
Morganio

Ummm. I don't know WHY but I have horrendous muscle pain

01/25/2012 10:16 PM
Crayfish
Crayfish  

Don't want to be a downer but this is my fourth year of constant leg pain. It rarely goes away and is worse after sitting for long periods of time or damp days. I take Vicodin daily but only one pill a day so I don't become addicted.

Massage is great but only temporary. Lots of people recommend stretching and yoga so I do both but it does not help.

I have muscle knots all down my legs from the constant tightness and just began taking serrapeptase to see if it would help.

Pain is a terrible thing. I hope you find relief. Don't give up. Others will chime in.

Oh, a warm bath or heating pad too. ( my new best friends)

01/26/2012 03:31 AM
threeofus

I just started deseret biotanicals series for lyme and my legs hurt so bad. It's an awful ache that is quite painful.

The thing that helps me is a hot bath or heating pad. It calms things down so I can sleep. Even the sauna helps. That heat I guess.

I'm assuming it's a herx from the treatment. Hope so anyway.

01/26/2012 04:06 AM
doglick
doglickPosts: 682

For me, nothing seems to help for long. I've lived with this for years. I wish I could offer encourgement but I only have hope.

01/26/2012 09:44 AM
nank59
nank59  

Was finally able to sleep a little last night. The pain was gone this morning. I'm left with a tingling, trembling and restless feeling in my legs today.

We had just had about 24 hrs of nonstop heavy rain - could have had something to do with it.

Hands and feet are achey and swollen today.

Thanks to all for words of encouragement - I offer them all to you, too!

01/26/2012 10:55 AM
suzyoo
suzyoo  

My legs, feet, hips and spine have been hurting off and on for three years.

I use the biomat, which is the length and width of my body. The mat is infrared heating with crystals inside.

The theory behind the mat is that the infrared heat is supposed to help heal your tissues, and assist in detox.

I also ride my bike everyday, and do stretches. This helps greatly, but sometimes my legs and ankles are weak afterwards for a while.

That's why I lay on the biomat, to release toxins and muscles tension. I don't know what I would do w/o it.

I've added a link below that you can look at. There has been much research done on these mats, and lots of good articles on how they help lyme patients, and many other types of medical issues.

http://www.biomat.com/biomat-offers-new-lyme-disease- treatment/

I hope you feel better soon!

Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved