MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/25/2012 06:48 PM

Bartonella, Vein on side of temple, Panic attack

burtonkid543
burtonkid543  

hello all:

I've been diagnosed with Bartonella and am currently on day 55 of treatment (clarithromycin/rifampin).

For the past few days i have been having some very strange symptoms. two days ago my legs, arms, and face all went numb and tingly. went to the ER, vitals are fine, every things fine.

today i was in class and i felt a sharp pain in my head. the vein ride beside my temple got larger and hard and i felt a strange sensation throughout my head.

this lead to a severe panic attack and i left the classroom and walked back to my dorm.

my RA who is an EMT checked my vitals and everything seemed to be normal. i'm just desperately in need of some insight. can anyone relate to this?

I constantly feel as if i am going to die and all of these crazy things keep happening.

thank you in advance.

One Love,

Kyle

broke up long, solid block text; emphasized. bettyg

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 01/26/2012 03:09 AM

01/25/2012 07:01 PM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

It sounds like you're herxing based on the fact that all your vitals check out normal.

I've never had those symptoms during a herx but I know a lot of people do. The numbness and tingling seems to be a common herx symptom.

Sharp pains I get in my head every so often as well.

In all honesty it really just sounds like a herx. Have you run this new information by your doctor?

01/25/2012 07:03 PM
burtonkid543
burtonkid543  

my LLMD is currently out of the country (vacation) so i have been in touch with the nurse there. the whole vein thing was really scary. could i be herxing this late into treatment? its really comforting to hear from people. I feel so alone with this.

01/25/2012 07:05 PM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Don't feel alone! Many of us are going through the same fearful and uncertain situation.

Sure, I've been on treatment for 7 months and I'm still herxing every so often. It's not as bad and as often as it was in the beginning but I still herx.

01/25/2012 07:07 PM
burtonkid543
burtonkid543  

its very difficult when all of my symptoms are neurological. these past few days have been crazy. new neuro symptoms out of no where. i thought death was inevitable tonight

01/25/2012 07:10 PM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Yeah, an impending death is probably the most common description for a herx.

You have to understand and accept that you have a bacteria inside of you that has the liberty to do as it pleases. Also understand that you are killing them. Their death is manifesting into these strange and unusual symptoms.

01/25/2012 07:12 PM
burtonkid543
burtonkid543  

thanks for the input Weasy. I really appreciate it. I am too young for this! (although no one should have to deal with it) I'm not going to let this ruin my life. I have way too much going for me.

01/25/2012 07:15 PM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

No problem Wink

You and me both pal! Unfortunately Lyme and its co-infection do not discriminate.

I really admire you attitude in the face of this predicament. It will surely lead and propel you to victory. Never lose the attitude!

01/26/2012 02:14 AM
Avalon
Avalon  

At one point at the very beginning of my treatments I really thought I was going crazy. I literally got out of bed one night, in a heck of a lot of pain, and wrote everything down my parents would need to know because I thought it was the end for me.

I wasn't suicidal, yet I thought it was over.

Another time I was having really bad pains in my chest, left arm, and heart palpitations ... rushed to my doctor in a panic attack and it was nothing. He sent me to have an overnight test done and it all came back normal.

Lyme is one fun little bacteria. It plays with our minds and makes pain unbearable. Now when I look back I realize at 23 years old I wasn't having a heart attack, nor am I having one at 36 even though there are times I think I am.

Stay positive Burtonkid and don't give up Smile

01/26/2012 04:12 AM
doglick
doglickPosts: 682

I got the same thing during months of treatment. Many times it would hit at work. Keeping it together and trying to earn a living is supremely difficult. One day it just stopped. So far, no panic attacks in months. (fingers crossed.)

Rifampin and Minocycline is the combo that seemed to work best for me. Months of it.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved