MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/24/2012 06:48 PM

Why don't we ever seem to get sick??

lymeinmich

I don't think it's just me, I know I read a post here awhile back regarding this.

I never seem to get sick, other than all the Lyme and Co stuff.

Never a cold, or flu.

I thought - "boy I have an awesome immune system", but I don't think that's the case.

I don't get it??

01/24/2012 07:07 PM
Crayfish
Crayfish  

Before my children were born I would get about two head colds per year. Nothing serious just annoying. After my children were born and became school age, I got every illness they brought home.

I was sick all the time for about five years. I also had terrible insomnia so I walked around for years like a zombie. I slowly stopped getting sick all the time and just figured my immune system had gotten strong after fighting all those illnesseses for all those years.

I don't know what my cd57 is yet but I figure it must be a high number because I am basically well just have pain and stiffness and only feel bad if I have not gotten enough sleep. If I am tired, it feels like I have a hangover.

lymeinmi that is so interesting how your cd57 was low and you are also healthy regarding colds and flu.

I am interested in what others have to say.

01/24/2012 07:09 PM
benniferobin
benniferobin  

my cd57 was TWENTY FOUR!!!! but i rarely get colds and flues. maybe once a year? and i have 3 kids ages 5, 4, and 1 - the older ones are in school. so who knows?! i thought that some immunocompromised individuals don't catch a lot of communicable diseases but i don't think that is always true

01/24/2012 07:10 PM
nank59
nank59  

Do you think it might be due to the fact that we're taking so much C, D3, cinnamon, B12, etc?

Our Lyme is kicking us, but now that you bring it up - I haven't had a cold or allergies this year, when others all around me have.

Very good observation. Looking forward to more responses.

01/24/2012 07:19 PM
lymeinmich

My cd57 was 45.

I remember not catching things before being diagnosed and starting abx and supplements, so i don't think that is the link.

I read somewhere that it was because our immune systems are NOT working, but that doesn't make sense to me??

What am I missing?

01/24/2012 07:23 PM
benniferobin
benniferobin  

not sure, interested to hear more - i read also that it is because our immune systems are NOT working but HIV/AIDS patients can die from a cold that turns to pneumonia, etc, so why aren't lyme patients the same?

01/24/2012 07:24 PM
Aggie2006

Wow, I'm feeling unfortunate, I get sick all the time! Every time my kids get sick I get it too. Then again my CD 57 is 11, which is probably why.

01/24/2012 07:31 PM
nank59
nank59  

01/24/2012 07:34 PM
Crayfish
Crayfish  

I found this link and it made perfect sense to me:

http://lymemd.blogspot.com/2009/01/cd57.html

It explains the cd57 very well IMO.

01/24/2012 07:59 PM
Polkahero
Polkahero  

I caught a really bad cold one month into treatment back in September. I haven't gotten anything trivial since then, but I've also added/increased immune-boosting supplements since then which I'm sure have helped.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved