MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/14/2012 10:47 AM

Lyme Disease Poll Results

Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Tired of Lyme recently polled 30 people and asked them, "How many tests did you have before you received a positive diagnosis for Lyme Disease?"

60% of the people or every 3 out of 5 people, who now have a positive Lyme diagnosis, did not receive a positive diagnosis on their first test attempt.

My point is don't take these tests for their entirety. They're very flawed. It is possible to have Lyme Disease tests that come back negative despite having Lyme Disease.

You can view the results here

http://www.tiredoflyme.com/poll-results-testing.html

01/14/2012 11:03 AM
fabajenna
fabajenna  

Thank you for keeping us updated with your polls Weasy, that is so wonderful that you thought to do one in the first place..thank you for sharing it with us to keep us informed.

You have one fantastic mind and your website shows that in every way..

peace-kim

01/14/2012 11:48 AM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Thanks a lot Kim! Wink

01/14/2012 12:17 PM
wlkthlne
wlkthlne  

Hey dude....I missed your poll......sorry.....but I can add to it now? First off.....tests suck!Tongue Wink Laughing always hated them....I took 3 related to this disease.....they all suck.....lol

But....regardless....your poll.....makes for an interesting fact! That I got a lot of respect for....

Keep at it guy.....impressive!Smile

WLk=Cool

01/14/2012 12:33 PM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Don't be sorry! You're more than welcome to contribute to the new one Wink

Yeah, tests suck. I wish people didn't depend on them like the air we breathe to give us answers.

Thanks Wlk Wink

01/16/2012 05:52 PM
yassi28374

Weasy,

Believe it or not, the first test I ran with Labcorp came back positive. I never tested with Igenex or anyone else. I hope that was accurate.......

01/16/2012 05:54 PM
yassi28374

I am planing to stop my Doxy treatment in two more weeks ( total is 8 weeks), and then

planning on taking Banderol and Samento for at least a year. Any suggestions. I just started to feel better with almost all panic and anxiety for two days now.....

01/16/2012 06:07 PM
sebnova81
sebnova81  

I also got lucky and tested positive on the ELISA and WB through LabCorp

01/16/2012 06:39 PM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Yassi.. You got the symptoms and you got the positive results. The symptoms kind of explain or back up the test.

I'm seeing my N.D. on Wednesday and we're going to discuss where I'm going with my protocol as well.

Yeah all my tests through LabCorp and Quest were completely negative. Nothing was reactive.

I couldn't believe how deceived I was. The wasted months..

01/19/2012 01:39 PM
yassi28374

sebnova81,

May I ask, what dose of Doxy are you taking?

and why you were been put on zithromax? did you have any coinfections?

thanks.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved