MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/02/2012 08:41 PM

Any help would be greatly appreciated....(page 10)

Holly123
Holly123  

it sounds like you having a horrible time right now.. so sorry about what you are going through dear.. if you live alone i would call the urgent care or ER first and speak with a nurse there and get her opinion..

Since your vision is being affected it would give you peace of mind.. from there the nurse can advise you weather to take the antibiotic or not..

Also if you have some raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar BRAGGS 2 tspns in a glass of water is a cure all for ear infections and many other ailments..

let us know how your doing and if you need anything else..

hugs,

holly

04/02/2012 09:10 PM
jackid55
jackid55  

Thank you, Holly. I will have to try the vinegar.

The dr gave me amoxicyllin, 500 mg three times a day for ten days. Does that seem right for an ear infection? Seems like a lot to me.

04/02/2012 09:23 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

jacki, we don't have medical licenses here; was this your primary dr or llmd?

suggest you go by what they say; if you have a WORSE REACTION YET, go to ER; have it checked out; better safe than sorry.

best wishes jacki; hugs/prayers,

bettyg, leader

04/02/2012 09:25 PM
Holly123
Holly123  

yes that does seem like alot but is your doc an LLMD or an md? if your doc is an LLMD or a lyme aware MD and you trust that person then go for it with the full dose..meds are quite effective but not without sideeffects..

But if i had vision problems i would want a friend near by to help just in case hopefully there is someone you can call to watch you for a while..

if you are afraid to take the whole dose i would try a lower dose and see how i reacted to that.. b/c you are probably concerned about the herx reaction.. Take in mind i can't tell you what to do b/c i am not a doc, i can only tell you what i would do..

The Braggs might also work for you, it did help me with ringing in the ears..

04/02/2012 10:43 PM
nank59
nank59  

Here is an article I just read. I found it while looking at a few Lyme groups on facebook. It addresses how Lyme hides out in Lymph nodes and causes issues.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/06/ 110616193911.htm

04/02/2012 11:06 PM
jomomma

for my Lyme I was taking 4000 mg of amoxicyllin a day for 30 days...

04/03/2012 05:37 PM
jackid55
jackid55  

Hi Betty,

I know you guys aren't doctors, I was just hoping that someone could share if they have had a similar experience.

Jacki

04/03/2012 05:58 PM
jackid55
jackid55  

Holly,

It was my primary care doc. Haven't seen the Lyme doc yet, I see him on the 10th.

My husband is here with me tonight. He is in the army and was on a 24 hr shift yesterday.

I have started the antibiotics so we will see how it goes. The lymph nodes seem to be continuing to swell, and my vision and headache are getting worse.

I have an MRI of my neck tomorrow, hopefully I can get them to do the one that was ordered of my head as well and maybe that will give some answers.

Thank you for all your advice.

Jacki

04/03/2012 06:02 PM
jackid55
jackid55  

Thank you, Nank!

Jomomma-

Yeah, I expect high dose antibiotics for the lyme, but this isn't a lyme doc and it was just for an ear infection. Just seemed high to me.

Jacki

04/03/2012 06:30 PM
jackid55
jackid55  

Thank you, Kba.

My primary care doc said it was actually an ear infection... but who knows.

I did get cellulitis last year, actually. I got a sunburn on my leg that ended up swelling up so bad I couldn't walk.

I ended up in the ER and was told it was cellulitis. It was very painful. I don't want to experience that again!

Jacki

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 10 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved