MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/28/2011 07:42 AM

3 ticks in 3 weeks

Abear1971
Abear1971  

I guess I should find a new hobby. I found 3 ticks on me in the past 3 weeks. The day after I pulled the 3rd off of me (in my crotch), I woke up with swollen groin lymph nodes, and felt nauseous. I ate plenty of raw garlic, and it seemed to help. I didn't chew it, but minced it and swallowed with plenty of H2O. Next day, they were much better. But my gut has been on fire... Any quick remedies for a burning belly?

12/28/2011 07:49 AM
fabajenna
fabajenna  

Hi Abear-

You have me beat, I had two in one week this summer..Wink

Ledum is what you want to go get..it's homeopathic and it comes in pellets. It is used to treat recent tick bites..

Up all of your detox protocols, you want to keep it moving out of your system to prevent reinfection..

Blessings to you..

peace-kim

12/28/2011 07:59 AM
Abear1971
Abear1971  

Thanks. It's on my list now. I've been wanting to try Cumanda as well.

12/28/2011 08:06 AM
fabajenna
fabajenna  

Abear, do you use or believe in colloidal silver?

That would help you tremendously right now, especially at the site of the bites..

Oil of oregano will help with infection also..

peace-kim

12/28/2011 08:10 AM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Abear.. Your stomach may just be little irritated from the raw garlic you consumed.

I did that once and I swore I would never again. I was in the bathroom for an hour Sick

12/28/2011 08:24 AM
Abear1971
Abear1971  

Weasy, that's what I was thinking. Feeling kinda foggy too though.

fabajenna, I am willing to try anything.

12/28/2011 08:53 AM
fabajenna
fabajenna  

Hi Abear-

What kind of protocol are you on now? Do you take conventional abx?

If not, I would use the three things I listed above, add in Olive leaf extract, Echinacea, and Golden Seal...or even if you do..

Don't let too much time pass before taking something to keep the infection load down..

peace-kim

12/28/2011 09:13 AM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Hey man, your fogginess may be a symptom of a herx.

I don't know if you were tested positive for Lyme but you should consider that because garlic is a powerful antibiotic, you may have killed off whatever the ticks may have been carrying, ya know?

Like Kim, I'm interested in what type of protocol you're on if you're on one and also if you were ever tested positive for Lyme Disease.

12/28/2011 10:48 AM
mem6583

Oh yikes, so many ticks! I hope you are on a good protocol, and your LLMD is aware of the new bites. You could have new co-infections Sad

When I have stomach issues, I drink Reed's Premium Ginger Brew (ginger ale). 17g of real ginger and sweetened only with honey and pineapple juice. Works like a charm. Yummy too.

You can usually get it at places like Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage, etc. King Soopers has it here in the organic section.

Note: not recommended if you are having issues with candida. If that is the case, perhaps a ginger tea would help? Or a mug of warm water with 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar (can add a little honey to improve taste). Both help a lot!

12/28/2011 12:38 PM
Abear1971
Abear1971  

No LLMD, Never DX'd w/Lyme. No conventional antibiotics. Was on Doxy 1.5 yrs ago for mystery bladder and prostate issues. They put me on Cipro after that didn't work. That stuff is BAD. I have all the symptoms and clearly remember pulling ticks off. First time, I was 5 or 6 and I remember Mom pulling them off of me.

Been taking garlic capsules for a few months, and the occasional raw clove. Just started Samento. Picked up Oil of Oregano today. I think I am going to add that to my pasta. Seriously. I like it.

My gallbladder was removed a yr ago, it just stopped working, was discolored and elongated. I believe I am having kidney issues (foamy pee) and 24/7 pain in my thyroid area. I also have tinnitus, constant ear pain, painful joints, especially my neck, chills, and occasional blurry vision.

My current PCP is a good guy. I asked to give me a Rocephin injection, and he obliged. That is the only thing that seemed to help me. It cleared some brain fog, and eye floaters I had. I also think I had meningitis/encephalitis. I would get shooting/shocking pain shooting straight up my neck, and would lock me up. Cleared that up too.

Looking into picking up some more Doxy online. I am sick of Docs telling me I'm crazy, prescribing me anti-depressants, etc.

Been to 2 PCP, 2 Uro, 1 Neuro, 1 Ent, 2 ER visits.. Was going to try and see a Rheumy, but lost my insurance and job. I can't afford an LLMD at this moment. I am working, but have no insurance.

Whew. That was alot of keyboard pecking..

I am going to beat this..

Post edited by: Abear1971, at: 12/28/2011 12:41 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved