MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/22/2009 11:10 AM

head pressure and neck pressure from Lyme?

bjb0082
bjb0082  

Hi I'm new, I just want to ask everyone if they have had chronic head pressure, ear pressure, pressure behind eyes, nose and neck pressure with Lyme? It seems that since June 2008, I have had symptoms involving mostly my neck and head. I don't have a lot of the other symptoms under lyme that people seem to complain about. I feel pretty good except for those symptoms I deal with 24/7. However, I went to a LLMD and had the western blot IGG, IGM from Igenex and it came back positive for Lyme. The LLMD has me on 100mg of minocycline 1 time, every other day and 600mg of azithromycin 1 x, every other day. After reading about lyme treatments it seems that this is a very small amount of antibiotics. Anyone else getting treatment like this?Sad

01/22/2009 11:32 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

The head/neck pressure - yea - actually right now for that matter...

Treatment methods are different from doc to doc and for each patient. Some will go low at first and work their way up - so as to minimalize the herxing...

Zithromax is a strong abx and it stays in the body for 72 hrs and penetrates the tissue.

Your doc will up this as necessary...but talk about it with him. The more you understand the better.

Oh - for these head/preasure thingys - I can tell you what I do - but it is NOT for everyone...shoot me a pm and I will let you know

Christine

01/22/2009 03:32 PM
beauty4ashes
beauty4ashes  

I have a horrible time with the pressure & pains in my neck, head, ears & eyes... Definitely PM Christine, she knows what she's talking about-- Wink

(((HUGS)))

01/25/2009 07:10 PM
bjb0082
bjb0082  

I think for me the pressure in my ears, behind my eyes, nose and neck and head is the worst part of lyme. I have not had a day since this started in June 2008, where I was free from this pressure. It is chronic 24/7 for me and really prevents me from doing things that I always enjoyed like running, or any kind of exercise. I really hate it!

01/28/2009 02:36 AM
zoemajik
zoemajik  

Hi, BJB!

I hate it, too! It started intermittently for me in 2006. I let it go, because I thought I just had a sore neck. It didn't bother me all the time (it cycled, and I knew nothing about Lyme). Then the neuro issues and constant pain drove me to the doc, when I got diagnosed in September of last year. I do notice that when the pain flares badly, I get the neuro issues. Nerve pain, panic attacks, hallucinations, sensitivities, etc. It's constant pressure that starts in the lymph nodes behind my ears, and radiates out towards my face and concentrates in a huge lump on the back of my neck. The only thing that helps is bromelain, red root extract and daily massage from my husband, but it only helps as in makes it barely tolerable. I hope to be rid of this one day.

As for the abx, it sounds like your doc is starting you off EOD to prevent a herx. That's what my doc will be doing, but I'm taking a high dose of naturals already in addition to conventional abx, and he knows this. If you want more aggressive treatment, be sure to speak up! Show your doc the treatment guidelines and tell him the concerns you told us.

((hugs))

Valerie

03/08/2009 07:00 PM
alagash98
alagash98  

My daughter is 13 and at 12 she developed a 24/7 headache with symptoms like you describe. She complains about her neck constantly. She goes to CRanial Sacral Therapy, chiropractor, but it only helps her deal with it. She is coping while waiting. She was finally diagnosed with Lyme after a year of suffering, and Bartonella. You are not along. We saw 2 ped. neurologist with no luck.

Becky

03/08/2009 07:22 PM
Canuck
Canuck  

Thanks for renewing this post- I have all of that and have lived with it for - 6 years and the last three 'straight', terrible eye pain/pressure and headaches.. Neck is on and off.. Sinusitis goes hand in hand with Lyme and many of us have allergies but don't present with classic immune responses , not enough immunity to make a 'response'... So the eye pain, sinus pressure, sinusitis, headaches/cranial nerve involvement are so common with us. My ears are terrible as well. Sometimes guifenesen can help to at least get rid of the excess fluid but I really recommend getting allergy tested or a CT of the sinuses at this point. You could be enlightened. It's a terrible thing for us to live with let alone our children..

Also- perhaps an IGG 'GAME' panel with the IGG subclasses can be indicative of predisposed problems that can lead to chronic sinusitis and head/eye issues ...Sinus 'signs' or not, I don't have any drainage or sinus post nasal drip.

Of course that's just one component of it.. I have an article here about the involvment of the 7th cranial nerve I believe. Sometimes that part of the Lyme isn't really noted unless the bells palsy goes along with it..

I have that tooSmile

My Bio Mat works great for the pain, tinnitus and promotes immune globulin circulation and the last month has shown improvement. Even a FIR sauna could be beneficial.

07/10/2009 07:57 AM
greenbow
greenbowPosts: 130

the pressure thing really does stink..i have that exact stuff too and when you change elevations it gets WORSE..flying is really bad.

how about throat pressure or tightness too..hard to describe.

thanks for this post, gb

07/10/2009 08:02 AM
greenbow

ya'll i have never found a site that soooo many people have all my symtptoms...this is really helping me cope and its only been 2 days...ty, ty.

also, does anyone ever have one side worse then the other..like i have the same symptoms on both sides but, my left side is a little worse...like if my calves are tight my left feels worse...my face feels full and tightish or pressurized the left side feels a little worse..does that make sense.

thanks, gb

07/10/2009 08:04 AM
greenbow

by the way...anyone from louisiana? i know that is where i got this...we are from there i was a field biologist...but, my hubs company keeps us moving so we haven't lived there in 10 years...in 97 i got bit and had symptoms of fatigue, headaches, body aches, but, it wasn't till our second child was born in 05 that the neuro stuff started...is that typical does anyone know?

gb

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved