MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/15/2011 07:57 AM

FLU SHOT for LYME patients???

jeanetter44
jeanetter44  

This year I have foregone the flu-shot because I'm afraid of it because of my immune system.

My LLMD did not advise me on this.

Should someone suffering from Lyme get a flu shot? Something inside told me it would be a bad idea.

I remember when the medical industry said the flu shots were only for the elderly and those with low immune systems.

Now EVERYONE is supposed to get one.

Any input or advice?

Thanks,

Jeanette

12/15/2011 08:39 AM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Jeanette

Flu shots are a big no no. The idea of your body building resistance to an invader is pure genius but your body already does that on it's own.

The reason most people have to get a flu shot is because they live completely sterile lives. Always washing their hands and spraying lysol on every surface in their house.

This creates a sterile environment which doesn't allow your immune system to be exposed to any type of invader. It doesn't get any practice.

So when some super bug comes along and you don't have your lysol, you're at the mercy of it's wrath.

Also consider that most people now a day eat garbage for food. Never taking in the proper amount of vitamins, minerals and living enzymes which are essential for an optimum working immune system or body for that matter

Flu shots also contain god knows what in them.

I know many of them have mercury in them which is a neurotoxin and immune suppressant so as one would guess, that is not something our bodies really need at the moment.

12/15/2011 08:40 AM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

By the way, crocodiles have one of the most evolved, advanced and strongest immune systems in the world.

They didn't get that way by lining up in front of their local CVS or Walgreens. That I can guarantee!

12/15/2011 08:59 AM
wlkthlne
wlkthlne  

Weasy......Your "Croc" info raised a spark...A long time ago I went to a party for high class people(don't ask how I found out abot this)Wink Smile

Anywho..as a member says here....there was this soup..."man ohh man" was it the best soup I ever had.....

Never asked what the heck it was...all I know is it felt great havin' it!

Then towards the end of the night...I figured I better ask..perhaps they spiked the soup instead of the punch...lol...Silly

It was Croc soup! How do you even get your hands on the meat!? So is this our new "cure"? perhaps we should combine it with shark?

All in all.....I wear my croc cowboy boots every-dayWink Ya think I'm kickin' Bart and Lyme away...by this?W00t

Bad joke......so why does a croc....spin and spin????

Cuz the flu shot from Walgreens and CVS went in for the kill...

Back to reality here....Weasy you bring up an interestin' topic...and I wonder if we would benifit from some thing the croc has to offer?

Just like Krill is supposed to be the best Omega...look where that comes from......I take it....I like it.........I think it helps..

anyway's.....I agree with you.....stay away from this flu shot! we've got enough problems as it is.....

WLk=Cool

12/15/2011 11:10 AM
jeanetter44
jeanetter44  

Thanks! Great info! In addition, it's good to know my instincts aren't clear off base anymore, as so many other things are with me.

My well meaning neighbor keeps pushing me to go the the Asian store to get shark cartilage. Is there something to this? If so, I'm so there TODAY to get some. Smile

Thanks again!

12/15/2011 11:57 AM
wlkthlne
wlkthlne  

Jeanetter44......I don't know much about that shark stuff.....don't hear much about it here on Lyme and it's co-infections.....

But then again......whoo the heck knows? I've looked and tried ..for that "one thing" that would be the "all be all' cure all".....

I've found.....it's been a combo of many things over time that have helped.

I am glad to have an LLMD ...who is into both abx and natural.....

What a ride.....for sure not "cut and dry"......

be safe, and watch everything you take, be careful.....

WLk=Cool

12/15/2011 12:23 PM
purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

I don't get a flu shot. I have EBV and so for years now I haven't gotten one. Like Weasy said- big nono.

I just do what everyone should try to do: Wash my hands, avoid sick people, and ask anyone visiting the house to please not come if they are showing signs of a cold/flu.

12/15/2011 01:37 PM
i70pb
i70pb  

Just say NO on the Flu-Shot....

12/15/2011 02:13 PM
tizmo
tizmo  

I say no. My Lyme Disease wasn't even bad until I got a vaccine, then all hell broke loose. The vaccine is what brought out the lyme. Before then I didn't even know I had lyme.

12/15/2011 02:18 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

NO NO NO!

it has FORMALDEHYDE IN IT, MERCURY..small amounts, eggs, etc.

you should be able to do a search on google finding ALL INGREDIENTS in flu shots!!

i was trying to find my detailed post from years earlier, but without success. below is one ONGOING post from 200.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/general-support/196073-flu-shot-with-lymegood-or-bad

bettyg, leader

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved