MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/07/2011 01:08 PM

Labs: C4A and CD 57

kama

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has information/personal experience with the C4A and CD57.

My C4A was 12,300 (max normal 2800) and CD57 was 40-45 I think.

Any other diseases/infections that can cause these to be abnormal?

Just FYI: My ESR, CRP, and C3 complament were absolutely normal (supposidly no inflammation). However, my C4A is very high, what gives?

Thanks for reading!

12/07/2011 03:16 PM
tizmo
tizmo  

My C4A is really high at 15632, and my CD57 (natural killer cells) is below 20. I also feel as bad as my labs look. I have a severe case of Lyme Disease, Mycoplasma, and Anaplasmosis.

Lyme and Mycoplasma are the two things that give you severely low CD57 results. It means you have had Lyme disease for quite some time.

12/07/2011 04:23 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

HHV-6 will also cause a below 60, CD57. A person with HIV needs reactivated HHV-6 to kill the NK-cells, then the HIV goes in & attacks the T-cells. (Don't worry, you don't have to have HIV to have HHV-6)

If you have already tested POS. for LD, I would recommend being tested for Mycoplasma & HHV-6. The 2 usually go hand in hand....(sigh!!!)

12/07/2011 05:03 PM
kama

hi RavenLunatic-

I tested negative for Mycoplasma.

HHV6 Antibody IgG- was Positive 2.62(1.1 or greater range)- indicates current or past infection.

How do I know if the HVV6 is causing the high C4A or Lyme or something else. Is there any other blood test I can take to show whether the HVV6 is actually causing the abnormalities?

How is lyme and HVV6 related, or is not?

Any other comments regarding HVV6 and effects on the neurological system appreciated.

Thanks!

12/07/2011 09:01 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

Was your Mycoplsama test a CDC test or a private test? Also, which mycoplasma did you test for? I recommend Chlamydia Pneumonia, Mycoplasma Pneumonia & Mycoplasma Fermentans.

Another thing you might want to look into with a high CD4 is possible lymphoma &/or HIV. I'm not saying that's what you have, but it's best to be on the safe side.

What are the neurological effects of HHV-6? Look into Roseola regarding the brain & CNS. The sky's the limit!!!

Is HHV-6 related to LD? IDK if it's related to LD, per se. I do know it can & is a co-virus. Most people I know who have it, have some form of mycoplasma infection.

If a person has these infections & does not have LD (Bb-) they are considered to have CFIDS. (Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome)

http://www.medical-library.net/ chronic_fatigue_syndrome.html

I would also consider looking into a Chlamydia infection. Even if you didn't contract it sexually. Good Luck!!!

Post edited by: RavenLunatic, at: 12/07/2011 09:05 PM

12/08/2011 11:16 AM
kama

ravenlunatic-

I've tested negative for all mycoplasma and chlamydia. All private labs.

The only thing that's borderline is the ricksettia (spotted fever, typhus) 40, but it's right on the Igenex border (40 is positive, under 40 negative, seems like a strange scale and I'm on the border, so I'm uncertain what that means). I've emailed them and no response a month later. I'll try again.

As for leukemia, my blood counts are normal, so no one suggested that one. Is there someother blood test for that?

And HIV, well I have not tested, but hubby and I have been 14 years together and no problems with us maritally, so this does not concern me. If I was positive, I would think that 15 years would be sufficient to get AIDS (from someone I knew before him). I suppose that's my reasoning, but I would think that my regular bloodwork would indicate something abnormal by now, and it hasn't. Chime in if you think my reasoning is not good, I think I just don't want to go through stress of another serious blood test, especially when I feel it wouldn't be that. Strange enough, not one doctor, including the LLMD, have even suggested HIV test. It's odd because I see in Neurological protocols to test patients for this; I suppose I want them to suggest it if they feel the shoe fits. Sorry for the long ramble. thanks, KAMA

12/08/2011 11:24 AM
kama

Adding to this, has anyone read that lUPUS and MS can affect C4A levels?

If anyone knows more about the specifics of it, please let me know.

12/08/2011 02:24 PM
beeniebaby12

Hey found this old thread when searching for questions I had to the CD 57. I think you guys should check it out!! I was freaking out about my CD 57, until I read this thread.

It seems like the CD 57 is not an indicator of lyme progression or regression? Take a look! what do you all think!

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/general-support/204855-cd57-test

12/08/2011 02:44 PM
kama

thanks beeniebaby-

I'll print this out, and take it to the dr for discussion.

12/08/2011 03:57 PM
Kari888

C4a can be high if you've been exposed to mold - that was my situtaion. Mine was over 13,000 and now back down to 2400.

Google Ritchie Shoemaker and C4a - some valuable insights there!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved