MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/06/2011 11:09 PM

lyme and birth control options?

meakaye
meakaye  

My husband and I have came to a decision.... That we most likely won't be having children because of Lyme. It's been a very hard decision, but we feel its the right choice for us.

Even if I do go into a remission I just can't take the risk of my child being infected because of me. And even if my child was healthy....my husband worries the pregnancy would be too hard on me. I also worry that I wouldn't have enough strength to care for my child and my husband would have another person to take of, when he has to help me so much already.

My husband and I love each other with such Passion, we have no doubt we will be just fine sharing our life as just us and our pets (we consider them our children hehe) plus, I am an aunt to a wonderful niece and I know for a fact I do not have the stamina to raise my own! Haha.

Birth control has been a huge issue since (im sure for many of you ladies) I am constantly on antibiotics. Ive been thinking about getting an iud (intrauterine device) since most are antibiotic resistant.

Does anyone have any experience with mirena or iuds? I want to get the most effective safest kind. I don't want my husband to get a vasectomy in case our plans for the future change. I do believe God still works miracles everyday!

Malea

12/07/2011 02:57 AM
fabajenna
fabajenna  

Hi Malea-

I used a copper IUD for 10 years or so, not knowing of my lyme or metal sensitivities..it was a huge mistake.

I bled for months at a time for years and had severe cramping throughout the whole time, and ended up needing a cystectomy after I had it removed surgically..which is the only way they remove it.

I'm sorry you and your husband have had to make this decision, it must have been very difficult and my heart goes out to you both.

Your love and passion for each other is what will get you through this, hold on tightly to it and never let each other go..love conquers all.

Research each method of birth control as best as you can and make an informed decision..I know that birth control pills make you susceptible to yeast, as do antibiotics, so that might not be the best choice..do what you're comfortable with.

You're both in my thoughts and prayers..blessings to you both.

peace-kim

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved