MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/13/2011 12:22 PM

Bugs Crawling on Skin

Jessalynn1
Jessalynn1  

I'm sure that this has been discussed before, but I am wondering...

For those of you that experience the sensation of things crawling on your skin (but you don't have Morgellon's so you don't actually have them)... is this related to Lyme or a specific coinfection?

I remember my LLMD asking me if I had this symptom a while back (but I didn't at the time) and it seemed like it was a coinfection question.

More importantly, has anyone found anything to be helpful in alleviating this symptom? Is there a specific antibiotic that should be used for this?

Usually if I rub my arm or back or wherever the sensation is occurring, that seems to help (although the relief is only temporary). That's about it though.

Any input or info would be great. Thanks!

Post edited by: Jessalynn1, at: 11/13/2011 12:22 PM

11/13/2011 12:36 PM
mem2062

Fibromyalgia, is a classic lyme symptom. I dont think there exist a single lyme patient that has not had such a crawling sensation. What concern me though is that you still have this stuff going despite treatment. Are you using metronidazol and some broad spectrum antibiotic in your treatment?

11/13/2011 02:17 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

The feeling of bugs crawling on your skin is caused by Peripheral Neuropathy. PN is caused by 1 or 2 things.... Diabetes or Endocrine issues.

If you have this symptom tell your LLMD as it can get worse. I lost almost 1/2 my left body function due to PN because the reg. Drs. said I was a Hypochondriac. By the time I got into my LLMD I had hardly any reflexs at all. My LLMD could scrap the bottom of my foot & I didn't even flinch let alone pull my foot back.

Vit. D3 will help with this. (4000 UI a day or more)

11/13/2011 05:10 PM
Jessalynn1
Jessalynn1  

Raven - All of my endocrine tests came back normal and I'm not diabetic. I'm already on D3, but I guess I could try upping the dose.

davmark - Thanks for the info, I think I have heard/read about that as a fibro symptom. Makes sense... I temporarily had to stop abx, but will be pulsing a cyst buster once I work myself back up on the dosage of Bicillin. If I can't tolerate this option, my next move is the Buhner protocol.

Thanks for the input guys.

Post edited by: Jessalynn1, at: 11/13/2011 05:14 PM

11/13/2011 06:20 PM
shorelinelyme
shorelinelymePosts: 1252

Jess,

The B vitamins can help with this (benfotiamine is especially good for neuropathy- you can google this and read many articles on this.) Calcium and Magnesium can also help.

I had this crawling sensation terribly- for the first 1+ years of treating this. Minocycline cleared this symptom from my head after about 4-5 months on this. It was at one time- one of my worst symptoms...

This symptom can go away...you need an antibiotic that has good penetration into the central and peripheral nervous system...IMO...I would talk to your LLMD about this. It seems that both Lyme and Bartonella are notorious for causing this type of sensation.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,

Jackie

Smile

Post edited by: shorelinelyme, at: 11/13/2011 06:27 PM

11/13/2011 06:59 PM
Jessalynn1
Jessalynn1  

Thanks so much for the info Jackie. I just read something similar in a Lyme book that stated that magnesium (which I already take, but it looks like I'm not taking enough), lots of B6 & B12, and folic acid can all be helpful for this. I'm definitely going to up the magnesium and the B vitamins and add some folic acid.

11/13/2011 07:43 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

Jessa - You might not have tested positive for Neuropathy but those are beginning sign of it. I had over 50% loss on my left side & the Neuro said I was mild, yeah whatever!!!

I would treat as if you had it so it doesn't srpead any further if you can help it.

Don't bother wasting your time with a Neuro, they won't do anything for you. All the advise that has been given by me & the others will help you control it. Good luck

11/13/2011 09:34 PM
mem6583

Also, detox, detox, detox. As nasty as the neuro symptoms like this can get, so far the more I have detoxed the more they have lessened.

Hope that helps.

11/14/2011 06:19 AM
Jessalynn1
Jessalynn1  

Thanks iren- will def up the detox. I needed to do that anyway Smile

07/05/2013 05:59 PM
animalhero
animalhero  

Wow.. this is funny because this past week

I keep feeling this strange crawling

sensation on my arms right along where

I believe there is a nerve.

(along the right side of the top of my arms)

I keep looking down to swipe a bug off..

or I feel like there is something crawling

under my skin.... never thought that it was connected

with Lyme till it just happened again and I

Googled it and came back to this post!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved