MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/10/2011 10:22 AM

Does anyone have this symptom?

beeniebaby12

I'm beginning to notice that my veins are popping out on my hands and arms. they become really prominenet when I use my hands a lot.

Does anyone have this symptom? Is this from Lyme or co-infections? Just curious. I really don't like the way they look. They used to hurt, but now

they don't, since I have been on abx I guess, any clue anyone!Wassat

11/10/2011 10:45 AM
fabajenna
fabajenna  

Hi beenie-

Yes, that happened to me.., but I've always been a veiny kind of person anyway..

I was a massage therapist for seven years and did landscaping before that and also for my own past time..so the hand use was a factor.

Lifted weights for a few years, another contributor...also, I got down to 92 lbs, so that was another factor..

So , in a round about way of telling you...yes!Tongue

I did notice that when I was dehydrated and needed some lymphatic drainage, the veins were small and flat..

peace-kim

11/10/2011 11:13 AM
fabajenna
fabajenna  

Beenie, I do want to add that Bartonella causes spider veins, not protruding ones in your arms..

To me, veins in your arms and hands that become more prominent just means that you have good blood flow..

Blessings to you ..

peace-kim

11/10/2011 03:19 PM
WiscLamLymie
WiscLamLymie  
Group Leader

not being someone who does loads of things with her hands besides typing on my computer, i can say that my kids have been noticing my veins on my wrist areas, etc. lately.

you may have something here, beeniebaby. would be interesting to know if others have this phenomenon happening as well.

lauren

11/10/2011 03:27 PM
shorelinelyme
shorelinelymePosts: 1252

beeniebaby12,

Lyme and Bartonella are known for being vascular diseases- so it's entirely possible that this could be caused by these illnesses...

Hugs,

JackieSmile

11/10/2011 06:06 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

The protruding veins are caused by dehydration. Which infections/viruses cause that, it could be any of them. When ever you see your veins like that, drink plenty of water with Celtic or Himalayan Sea Salts.

11/10/2011 06:27 PM
VicMac
VicMac  

Beenie, I have the protruding veins on my hands and wrists. Yeah, I dont like the looks of them.

Seems like my muscles and skin just shrunk down so much all around them, that now they pop out.

Also, I am almost 53, so that might explain it! I hope what Kim says is true and maybe it means good blood flow.

11/10/2011 09:52 PM
Kyrenora
Kyrenora  

Let's not just blame age on this one! I'm 23 and this happens to me as well. It comes and goes. Sometimes it's really prominent, other times you can't see them at all.

I don't know what causes it in me, but I've noticed that the more pain I'm in or the more tired I am, the more they show.

11/10/2011 10:34 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

Kyrenora - Okay? I'm 42 & have suffered from this for years. I agree, age has nothing to do with this.

Like you, the more sick I become, the more pronounced the veins become. If I'm doing well, the less I see them.

My LLMD said it was do to dehydration. Maybe she's right, maybe she's wrong. IDK?

11/11/2011 10:34 AM
beeniebaby12

Thanks everyone for answering my question!! I was beginning to think I was becoming translucent or something.LOL I have also noticed that my veins have shrunk too. when I go

get blood work done, they have to use the butterfly needle because they are so small. I remember when I used to get blood work done in the past, nurses always used to say I had

good veins. Now they are not, but it's okay as long as I'm not the only one with this! It's good to know that we are all in this together!Prayers

and the best to you all Wink

Post edited by: beeniebaby12, at: 11/11/2011 10:35 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved