MDJunction - People Helping People
Ask a Question
11/09/2011 02:37 AM

2nd child came up positive. Help

Posts: 24

My son's test just came up positive with one band and several indeterminates. I cannot give the numbers because doc will hot share info. until appt. which isn't for two months. i am petrified to wait two more months. I got the igenex test on my own through a private clinic. i want to start abx now but am totally waiting for appt. His symptoms are eye tics/twitching, cough, and unusual rash under arm that dermatologist said was a fungus. Thanks

11/09/2011 02:53 AM
shorelinelymePosts: 1252
Senior Member


I'm so sorry that your son has tested positive for this illness. Children do often have very strong immune systems- and tend to get well quicker than adults, though....if this is any consolation.

If you can't start abx for 2 months, I think I would start him on one of the effective herbals for Lyme...and there are so many to choose from (Nutramedix herbs, Dr. Jernigan's, Spiro- Raintree Nutrition- to name a few.)

We will keep your whole family in our prayers for healing from this...and hope you all feel better quickly.



11/09/2011 05:15 AM
Posts: 1822
Senior Member

Hi Karen-

I'm so sorry to hear about your little one! I'm horrified that the doctor won't start him on antibiotics this a llmd?

You can use colloidal silver safely with your son, it's a natural antibiotic and it will help with the yeast/fungus as well...

You're both in my thoughts and prayers..please find something to treat him and don't wait for two months..

God bless..


11/09/2011 08:23 AM
Posts: 140

I do believe your doctor has to share the records if another physician requests them. Also what is the band? Band 41 is common within the general population.

Can you get a sooner appt? I would complain to the office manager if there is one.

11/09/2011 12:25 PM

So sorry to hear that. As a mom myself, my heart goes out to you.

Perhaps you can get on the wait list for a cancellation. While I hate to think of your kiddo waiting for treatment, I'd also be cautious proceeding with anything on your own.

This mainly because, as we all know, herxes can make you feel worse! It's hard enough for your child to feel ill. I'm not sure I could handle the possibility of inadvertently putting my kid into a bad herx without a doctor overseeing treatment. That is just me, though.

Sending positive vibes and best wishes for healing for the whole family!

11/10/2011 04:06 AM
Posts: 32197
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate


hugs to you/your 2 sons; uffda.

1st, i suggest you go to my link in my welcome letter at top of support forum.

print off dr. burrascano's lyme treatment guidelines, 37 pages.

then the link below it on his MEDS/DOSAGES FOR KIDS/ADULTS; see what he has to say there ok. i broke that up making it more legible/understandable.

was it igenex lab that blood went to or WHICH SPECIFIC LAB?

i'd call that lab and tell them what he told you; stating you want them to release a copy of the results PROMPTLY to you.

if they won't, why not? what do you need to do so they WILL release them?


bettyg, leader, llmd coordinator

11/10/2011 03:25 PM
Posts: 24

Here are the results:

IGM 41- ind

IGG 39 ind 41 **

This test was drawn while he was on penicillin for strep. Would that have any bearing? He is not discussing symptoms. I observe a great deal of twitching in eyes, a rash under the arm that dermatologist thinks is fungal but he has never had this before. Strep infection that he has never had before. Any thought?/

11/10/2011 03:48 PM
Posts: 24

By the way, my son is 14. I never saw a tick, but in August he was golfing with his dad and came home with some type of bite on upper thigh that itched. It left a red mark for a few days, but no bulls eye. The rash under his arm appeared about 3 weeks after that event. It is a grouping of red patches, some circular in nature. Took him to derm. who thought it was a fungus. The rash has been there since mid-Sept. It fades slightly than flares more. I thought a fourteen year old could take doxy.

11/10/2011 03:52 PM
shorelinelymePosts: 1252
Senior Member


14 year olds should be able to take's just kids (8 and under) who aren't allowed to take doxy- because of their teeth...

Hope your son is able to start treatment soon.




Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 All Rights Reserved