MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/07/2011 12:06 AM

lyme and hypersexuality?

meakaye
meakaye  

I know that most of the time Lyme sufferers go through periods of loss of libido(which I certainly have). But recently I've been having bouts of hypersexuality.

I sometimes have very graphic sexual dreams...and now it seems sex is constantly on my brain. Does anyone know of this could be attributed to personality changes or neurological changes?

I'm stage three Lyme so I've been experiencing a lot of disorientation, slurring of words, seizures, cognitive problems. I even feel like im developing a depersonalization disorder.

Does anyone know if hypeursexuality is included in this? Please help! Sad

11/07/2011 12:45 AM
mem2062

I would argue as you that Lyme disease will result in loss of libido, definitely, but also a loss of sleep, willing to live, motivation etc.

I would also argue that all the pain and suffering lyme patients go through increases their need for pleasure on all levels; food, sex, long warm baths etc etc I think it is important to have this extra pleasure in their lives in order to survive the long battle with lyme treatment

Post edited by: davmark, at: 11/07/2011 12:48 AM

11/07/2011 12:54 AM
szeck
szeck  

I have no idea what stage lyme I am but my most prominent symptoms are cognitive, and i have problems with depersonalization and brain fog.

i've felt both loss of libido and a largely increased sex drive...not sure what it's attributed to, but i would certainly agree with davmark in that lyme patients have an increased desire for these pleasures due to the pain and suffering.

11/07/2011 01:05 AM
meakaye
meakaye  

I completely agree now that I've heard it worded that way. I've never thought of it in that aspect.

I would be completely fine with it but sometimes my dreams and thoughts can be quite violent sexually.

I guess it could be getting intertwined with Lyme rage?

I feel extremely guilty when I wake up in the morning or when an aggressive thought comes out of nowhere but I need to realize I have no control over what this illness is doing to my mind.

11/07/2011 01:23 AM
szeck
szeck  

Yeah i have some really strange dreams too...mostly when i'm herxing. Whats your treatment protocol like?

11/07/2011 01:40 AM
meakaye
meakaye  

I'm actually on week 6 of flagyl/zithromax for my actual treatment. I'm on many other medications of course for the added issues.

I thought I was herxing the first few days bc my seizures.

I got slowly better but about 4 or 5 days ago I started feeling violently nauseated and itchy...confusion and insomnia etc.

When I finally fall asleep I will sleep until 2-3 pm sometimes.

I expected herxing but I'm not for sure.

11/07/2011 01:52 AM
mem2062

I am glad you are on flagyl and some other abx I assume. Good but tough stuff.

If you are vomiting it usually means that you have to much medication in your system. I would back of for a day or two and then go at it again.

11/07/2011 02:02 AM
meakaye
meakaye  

Ya this flagyl has made me very nauseated. Mepron was just as bad. It seems yogurt is the only thing that helps me keep everything down. Thanks for the advice.

11/07/2011 02:25 AM
Weasy
Weasy  
VIP Member

Meakaye

Like you had mentioned, Lyme has taken away my libido for whatever reason.

Since starting treatment, I will have periods of intense sexual desire and it includes dreams.

But then when I start herxing again.. it's gone

11/07/2011 07:07 PM
AlostSoul
AlostSoulPosts: 124

I have none as well as some of you.I havent had any hormones for years now Thats why my marriage is on the rocks.

This garbage takes away everything.For me it has.

It started few years ago and I would sit and cry that I had no desire for this or that anymore....even little pleasure like shopping or going to the parks and going out to eat.ALL GONE!

I cant wait to get back even just a little of something pleasurable

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved