MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/31/2011 07:00 AM

Bentonite Clay Scare!!!!

tizmo
tizmo  

Last night I was herxing bad, racing heart, dizzy, the whole nine. So I decided what better time to use my bentonite clay for the first time.

What a huge mistake that was. My brain instantly reacted badly. Almost had a seizure, started twitching all over really bad, extremely dizzy, started sweating head to toe and felt like I was about to faint,stomach pains, and heart was pounding.

I tried to throw up right away to get it out of my stomach but nothing but tiny bits of food came out so it must of soaked up as soon as it hit my stomach.

I will never try that again. The herx was better.

Has anyone else reacted this way?

10/31/2011 08:12 AM
fabajenna
fabajenna  

HI tizmo-

I'm sorry for what you went through, but I really don't think that had anything to do with the bentonite clay..

It's actually a very gentle cleanse..it wouldn't cause that kind of reaction.

Try and think back to what you did to cause the herx to begin with...what had you taken?

If you didn't drink enough water with it, it could cause stomach pains, but htat would be the extent of it..

It almost sounds like you had some nervousness about taking it and that may have caused the sweating and dizziness..kind of like a panic attack.

Or, if you hadn't drank enough water, and your stomach cramped, there are nerves running through your stomach..it's the vagus nerve I believe..

You may have had a blockage and it caused the symptoms you are describing..

I am almost 100% positive that the bentonite clay didn't cause a herx..if it was taken correctly.

I hope you're feeling better today.

Blessings to you.

peace-kim

10/31/2011 08:40 AM
tizmo
tizmo  

I have severe brain sensitivities to everything. That is why treatment is impossible. I have never had a reaction so severe to anything. It was almost instant after I took it. My brain and nervous system went crazy.

The reason I was herxing was from Olive leaf extract, which I have been taking that for quite some time. I just thought this time to control the herx I would try the bentonite clay, but apparently my brain can't handle it.

My brain can't handle anything, which is why I am now seeing my 3rd lyme doctor tomorrow to try to get help. Every other doctor I've been to doesn't know what else to do to help me because my brain can't handle any type of treatment. Naturals or Antibiotics.

10/31/2011 08:59 AM
fabajenna
fabajenna  

Hi tizmo-

I'm sorry you're so sensitive to things...it must be so scary when this happens to you.

I pray your doc will find an answer for you tomorrow..

One thing with the bentonite clay...you are supposed to take it FIRST THING IN THE AM....on an empty stomach in a glass of water followed with plenty of water.

Take all supplements at least one and a half hours away from it.

Then at the end of the day with a last meal/ snack , take it again and this time NOT in the water, but follow it shortly after with water again..

This stuff will clean you out... any and all viruses, bacterias, parasites, yeast, metals....

BUT, you have to remember to replenish all of your minerals as well, it will deplete you.

You might want to ask your doc to do a test to see what minerals you are lacking, an imbalance could cause the brain activity..

And it sounds like the Olive leaf was already doing some hard hitting, I don't think the bentonite clay could stop the seizure feelings..it's more for intestinal..

You're in my thoughts and prayers tizmo.

peace-kim

10/31/2011 10:32 AM
tizmo
tizmo  

thank you fabajenna for your prayers and kind words Smile

10/31/2011 10:35 AM
fabajenna
fabajenna  

Hi tizmo-

It really scares me and saddens me to hear of your being so scared, so just know that you are sincerely in my thoughts and prayers...I want to see you well.

God bless.

peace love and light-kim

11/01/2011 12:08 AM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

Tizmo - I had the same reaction to Bentonite Clay the 1st. time I used it. This was before I knew exactly what I was infected/dealing with. I do know it was right before I realized I was infested with Intestinal Parasite & did an H2O2 flush.

Was that the cause of me having such a bad reaction... IDK? I haven't had the guts to try it again after that 1st episode. It maybe something you might want to look into, just sayin'.

I do know that if I take a bath in the Bentonite Clay, it does help & I don't have a reaction. Also Bee Pollen seems to really help me with detoxing.

So sorry you had to suffer like that, Sweetie. I know how scary it must have been for you.

11/01/2011 01:24 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

tizmo, sending you my thoughts, hugs, and prayers for better days ahead.

bettyg, leader

11/01/2011 05:11 AM
fabajenna
fabajenna  

Ladies, you can check this link out...

http://www.ehow.com/about_5531759_prolonged-use-bentonite- detox.html

Use of bentonite internally for colon detoxification can cause discomfort.

It is important to mix bentonite powder thoroughly with water, and drink lots of fluids during a colon detox to help move the clay through the intestines.

While detoxing, secondary side effects such as headaches, muscle pain, joint stiffness or other feelings of illness can occur.

These are caused by the toxins being released, not from the clay.

Bentonite will attract these toxins and carry them out of the body.

Secondary side effects will lessen the longer you use bentonite.

No serious side effects from prolonged use of bentonite have been reported.

peace-kim

Post edited by: fabajenna, at: 11/01/2011 05:12 AM

11/01/2011 05:32 AM
fabajenna
fabajenna  

I've found another link and the two of you might be sensitive to aluminum...

Tizmo/Raven, did you get a heavy metal test done at all yet?

http://ezinearticles.com/?Bentonite-Clay-Cleanses-Your-Body- of-Toxins&id=1319127

I had one done and I had almost double the amount of Iron in my system..we're on a well, and the water was loaded.

Some sites also recommend a colon cleanse first before starting.....also using psyllium husks in conjunction with the clay will help move it out faster.

I used the clay method a year into my protocol, so I've done a lot of detox beforehand..

Check into getting your metal levels tested, it would be a good idea for any cleanse that you may think of trying in the future. That way you know what you are to avoid or focus on.

I had lots of seizure activity myself in the beginning, but just chalked it up to herxing and what needed to come out. It is scary, but almost necessary...do things at your own comfort level.

Tizmo, I know you had that vaccine, so that's probably what you're dealing with. Finding out what was in the vaccine and in your system would be of great benefit to you.

You may want to try the new detox formulas from Byron White like I am...they are for metals.

I hope you're feeling better now Tizmo...God bless.

peace-kim

Post edited by: fabajenna, at: 11/01/2011 05:33 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved