MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/27/2011 09:41 PM

23 grams of fat with Mepron?

purpleyogamat
purpleyogamat  
Group Leader

Hi,

Getting organized and ready to start Babesia treatment next week.

I know I need to take the Mepron with 23 grams of fat? Is that right?

What is a good food to take this with?

Will peanut butter work? Almond butter?

Does it matter? I know nothing bad like french fries LOL

Coconut oil? Coconut milk?

Thanks.

-purple

01/11/2012 01:35 PM
kimjgoodwin

I am on mepron and took it for 2 months not knowing to take it with fat.. i was actually on a low fat diet so looks like a wasted 2 months of bab treatment.

So started taking with the fat use walnuts, omega 3 pills, coconut oil and just regular lunch. I decided to take 2 doses together because i cant take in that much fat in two times a day. I hope that is ok... all i know is since i added the fat i feel awful. After reading about this i hear the discomfort is mepron side effects and not herx like lyme. Which is a bummer that we cant go by it working or not by that.. hope it starts working now..

Good luck are you taking with zithro?

01/11/2012 02:59 PM
mem6583

I asked my LLMD this specifically. He said it really doesn't matter that much.

He said to take it with your fish oil, and if you want to add something else fatty in, like some olive oil, butter, almonds, etc. that's fine, but not to get all bent out of shape about it.

If you are following a no fat or very low fat diet, then you would probably need to add in more than most folks.

01/11/2012 04:15 PM
novoice
novoice  

I have heard to take fat with mepron. This is my second round with mepron. What is the benefit of taking it with fat? Does it absorb quicker? Just wondering.

01/11/2012 06:17 PM
MBC25
MBC25  

You do need to take it with some fat because mepron is fat soluble, so that is how it is transported into the cells.

I've never heard about a certain number of grams, just that you need to have some fat with it.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved