MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/06/2011 02:50 PM

Can anyone help us? Please?

DannetteWrites
DannetteWrites  

Steve here. I'm writing for my partner Dannette.

We have a real problem here. Dannette is currently in the hospital. I took her when I came home between shifts to find her with a razor blade.

Yes, some of the problem is depression but the real problem is that we are both realists.

We can't actually afford Dannette's treatment.

Dannette gets $600 a month in disability for her autism and I make about $1600 a month as a waiter and that is it.

As most of you know after rent and fuel and food expenses this leaves us with very little money at all – maybe $400 a month if we conserve.

Dannette's treatments cost up to $4000 a month. We can't afford this and will never be able to afford this.

Neither of us has family or friends who can help – her family disowned her and I have one brother who refuses to help and two sisters who are poorer than we are.

So what I really need to know is if any of you know of any programs – government, corporate, private that might be able to help us?

Please let us know.

Yours in desperation, Steve.

08/06/2011 04:09 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

hi steve and dannette;

so sorry to read of her suicidal attempt. Sad

CHRIS' COMMENTS 2-23-10:

It is the drug manufacturer's (of Mepron) program to help people afford Mepron.

I was able to get on this program. It is the ONLY reason I was able to start the Mepron my doc prescribed for me 2.5 wks ago. The clerk that pulled my meds from the back (I, too, had to wait for them to order more stock...I don't think many places keep it in stock at all) said that it was "over 3,000 dollars" for my 60 day supply.

Because I was eligible for the Bridges to Access program, I only had to pay $10 (I had a voucher from the program I had to show).

There is no way I can afford almost $1700 a month for ALL my meds and dr visits combined, certainly not for just 1 of many! Chris in TX

www.freemedicineprogram.com

www.healthynh.com

www.helpingpatients.org

www.infuserveamerica.com

www.needymeds.com

www.needymeds.org

http://www.prescription-savings.com/moreInfo.asp added 10.1.08

www.phrma.org

www.pfizerforliving.com

www.yourrxcard.com added 3-17-10

www.PPARX.org .. bigstan got 2 Yrs. FREE MEPRON from this co. 2.23.10

www.rxassist.org

www.rxforohio.com

www.rxhope.com

www.themedicineprogram.com

www.TogetherRX.com

You can check prices here for many low cost mail order.

3.6.09 from HRCONN …

Pharmacy Checker

http://www.pharmacychecker.com/listing.asp?PCAffid=FB0761C8- 83D7-45F7-B5E1-93F35528AFBD&Search=1&Criteria=&x=13&y=6

suggest you print off the info here in my FINANCIAL BURDENS post; cross off who you have contacted so you don't get lost in that ok Wink

Suggestions for When You Need Treatment and Funds Are Low plus Financial Burdens post towards bottom; extremely detailed by Melanie Reber

http://tinyurl.com/4es7942

best wishes to you both; that's the best advise i have for you steve; hugs/prayers to you both during this difficult time.

bettyg, iowa lyme leader, llmd coordinator/activist

08/06/2011 05:05 PM
lymeinmich

Perhaps a local church?

08/06/2011 05:33 PM
singfreebird

I have no advice to offer other than the usual money-saving tips. Sad Just wanted to send you good thoughts and let you know you are doing a wonderful job standing by your partner. The world needs more people like you.

08/08/2011 12:53 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Lyme, Depression, and Suicide

By Robert C. Bransfield, MD

http://www.mdjunction.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard& Itemid=217&func=view&catid=3165&id=2958608

b

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 08/08/2011 08:38 PM

08/08/2011 06:10 PM
DannetteWrites
DannetteWrites  

Thanks to those of you who wrote with helpful thoughts and support. Dannette is doing better and should be home in a few days. I think we may even have found a helpful person in the most unlikely place – DSS!

So please continue to wish us luck as I now must wish luck to all of you. Be well!

Steve

08/11/2011 05:54 PM
DannetteWrites
DannetteWrites  

Dannette has now been home for a day and we are starting a new cycle of abx (thx to a special someone)and on IV C. She is also doing B12 injections that seem to be doing wonders for her memory and mood. So thanks again to all of you - Steve

08/11/2011 06:12 PM
Jan1960
Jan1960  

Hi Steve..so happy to hear she is doing better! B12 shots have done wonders for me!

Best wishes to you both..

08/12/2011 12:29 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

steve, excited to read this! hugs/prayers to you both.

bettyg, group leader...

08/12/2011 01:00 PM
Crayfish
Crayfish  

I just came across this thread and am so glad things are looking up. I was crying the other night about burning through my kid's college savings on my diagnosis and treatment. Lyme is terrible.

Steve, Danette is fortunate to have found herself a true partner. It is very hard to suffer with depression but everything is always easier with someone who cares. I wish you both the very best.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved