MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/04/2011 01:12 PM

why do I keep feel nausea and abdomen pain

suwei
suweiPosts: 204

during the past 3 months, I keep feel nausea,stomach pain and gallbladder pain and lose appetite.

but all my test back normal and I told doctor I want to take my gallbladder out to see if it helps( coz I feel lots of pain on my gallbladder area )so I think the problem it's from my gallbladder.

The surgeon just doesn't want to do the surgery for me since all my test were normal.

Could this be lyme related..?

08/04/2011 01:27 PM
GWB

Yes, what you are experiencing is a common complaint among those of us with Lyme. I'm glad your doctor is not willing to take your gallbladder out. Many people who've had their gallbladders removed have come to regret it later.

You might want to consider looking into a gallbladder and/or liver cleanse. Also, a parasite cleanse could be helpful too. There are a number of natural gallbladder cleanses remedies that you could find on google. Perhaps someone here could tell you how to do this. Your gallbladder serves a good purpose and if you have it removed your liver will have to take on the extra burden of not having a gallbladder.

Try a gallbladder cleanse and see if that helps. What antibiotic are you on right now? Some antibiotics are known to do damage to the gallbladder. If you're on abx check to see if that's one of the side effects of your abx.

Gary

08/04/2011 02:00 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

nutramedix parsley and Burbur are really good detox and drainage help for the galbladder and liver etc...I'd try these products to see if they help.

I just ordered them but have heard so many good things in the past.

08/04/2011 05:00 PM
winters5
winters5  

Had my gallbladder out two years ago...but than again, I was walking around with 51 nice size stones!

08/04/2011 07:19 PM
lymeinmich

I have a friend who has recovered from Lyme.

She was treated for 10 yrs with antibiotics. She also had IV rocephin at some point during her treatment.

She has been of all meds for 10 years now.

She recently had gall bladder pain, but test were normal. She finally found a Dr. that would listen to her and she had the gall bladder removed.

He said it looked normal, until he opened it up. Then he said he never seen anything like it??

She was on abx of 10 years, however that was 10 years ago. I still think it has something to do with her history of Lyme.

08/04/2011 08:09 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

I had my galbladder taken out in 2000..My surgeon also said "He had never seen anything like it" LOL

My galbladder was full of EVERY type of stone...But mostly these little grains that looked like sand..He had no idea why, how, or what.

I know that it is lyme and co..in my case.

08/04/2011 08:18 PM
goobered
goobered  

I have talked to people who have gone both ways. My daughter is better with her gallbladder OUT. But she is NOT symptom free. She is on Digestive enzymes and probiotics and bicarb. Her Lyme is in remission, so no antibiotics. This keeps her gut feeling good. Her surgery was just in March 2011.

If the sonogram of your Gall bladder shows stones, I think I would have it out because the stones can move into ducts and cause problems.

A HIDA scan can be done if you do NOT have stones to check the function of your gallbladder. They inject some stuff that makes your gallbladder contract as if you just ate something fatty. IF you get the pain you have been having, it is your gallbladder. So then it is pretty much a coin toss if you want to get it out OR try to control with diet and supplements.

But I like answers, so I think I would do the test, but then go the natural route.

08/04/2011 08:24 PM
GWB

I think you will find this interesting. It was written on a blog of a prominent LLMD who practices in MD.

*Lyme and the gallbladder:

~~~This an area of Lyme medicine which deserves more attention. Many Lyme patients end up with removal of the gallbladder. Lyme can infect the wall of the gallbladder and cause chronic inflammation. This appears to happen with increased frequency when there is also evidence of Salmonella infection. In the past most gallbladder disease was related to gall stones. There has been a change. Most patients with gallbladder disease no longer have stones; they have chronic inflammation of the gallbladder. Patients with gallbladder disease have recurrent bouts of abdominal pain which starts out mild but gradually builds up to severe pain. The pain may be located in the right upper abdomen or be generalized to the entire abdomen. Nausea and vomiting may occur. In the past doctors have ordered a sonogram to evaluated the gallbladder. When the problem is related to infection this test will be normal. The diagnosis is made with a nuclear medicine scan called a HIDA scan, with the administration of a hormone called CCK. The hormone injection will likely cause the symptoms to recur and the test will showed a low ejection fraction, indicating abnormal functioning of the gallbladder. Generally, successful treatment requires removal of the gallbladder which can be done with a minimally invasive laparoscope. The fact that intravenous Rocephin is known to cause gallbladder attacks may suggest that this is a sort of Herxheimer reaction involving a gallbladder which is already infected with Lyme bacteria.~~~

Source: http://lymemd.blogspot.com/2008/06/lyme-and- gallbladder.html

Gallbladder pain is a common problem among those of us who have lyme disease. It could be the abx or it could be caused my an infection brought on by lyme disease, or a variety of other causes.

Gary

08/04/2011 09:44 PM
tizmo
tizmo  

I too have been having bad stomach pains and nausea. Especially after I eat. I have been to the doctor 4 times in the last week for it. Everything keeps coming back normal. My pain is more directly in my stomach though and maybe a little to the right. I also have a pain in my lower right abdomen. I'm miserable and can't take it anymore. This week I have had 2 urine cultures, blood work, an ultrasound on my gallbladder and appendix/ovary area, and an x-ray on my abdomen. I'm sick of it. Test after test and they think I'm crazy.

Speaking of gallbladders being removed in Lyme patients. I read in my Lyme disease book that people who take rocephin usually end up getting there gallbladder removed because the rocephin produces sludge in the gallbladder and ends up clogging it up and causing stones or gallbladder attacks.

08/04/2011 10:02 PM
singfreebird

Tizmo- I was just about to pop on and say "It's the rocephin!" I'm sure Lyme doesn't help at all, either, but when I had my gallbladder out I think it was a direct result of IV rocephin. Oh well. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved