MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/20/2011 01:04 PM

Swollen, Tender occipital lymph node?

ten1988
ten1988  

I have a tender bump on the back of the head, have had it for at least 4 or 5 months now. If you go from the middle of my right ear straight back to the back of my head, its on the corner where the head meets the neck area.

Theres already sort of a bump there from the skull, but this side is painful to the touch. I did some research and noticed there is the occipital lymph node there on both sides.

Anyone have this problem from lyme? It seems to hurt worse when exercising, I exercised yesterday and today its still sore. I usually only notice it when exercising actually.

I was scared I had a tumor or something but dont think thats the case now. I also noticed itching of my scalp at times and flaking which seems to come and go every couple weeks.

07/20/2011 03:14 PM
steelers

I had a problem like that at the bridge of my nose , I used essential oils pepperment lavender and thieves along with argetyn silver gel type to get rid of the lump, its the lyme, they like to hide in the lymphs, to avoid their eventual death. I use the coil machine evey other day to kill the lyme and company. hope this helps.

Steelers

07/20/2011 08:35 PM
ten1988
ten1988  

I figured. I recently switched to doxycycline about 5 weeks ago, and I now am feeling like the doxy is hitting something. I was on 3 grams of amoxicillin for 1 year. Im also about to add 500MG of zithromax to the doxy to treat any cell-wall deficient bacteria.

My lymph nodes have swollen thru ought the course of my treatment, sides of neck, groin, etc. Its only been 1 year and ive been sick for 5 so I guess just gotta give it time.

Im only on 300MG of doxy daily though, I dont think thats enough to cross the blood brain barrier is it? Ive heard it may take up to 500MG.

Keep in mind ive never used doxycycline in my life besides this time, so it may be more effective for me than the amoxicillin I used to be on because of heavy use of amoxy during childhood.

Maybe the lyme isnt liking the doxy. Im noticing changes in my symptoms yet again. I kep having a headache accompanying the painful lump on my head also. Sore throat today too, and feeling malaise.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved